Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find my latest revised list so here's a new list for this week...

1. Bottom Up Pineapple Shawl class...have yarn, starts soon!

2. Lisetter Sweater Shawl....85%....got bored with the border!

3. Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Bag....10%

4. Shawl w/laceweight yarn....still need to settle on a pattern

5. Learn to knit!

Ada that bear is so cute! Great job!!

After this evening my list is going to be non-existent! :eek

The last item on my list should be completed in about half an hour or so. I have been working on the Shill Shell Shawl and its almost done. I still have to add it to my ravelry page. Its probably better that I dont have anything to work on for a little bit (or until my knit picks order comes in!) as we are moving next weekend and I have to get my butt in gear to get everything packed and ready!

Thanks Elaine and Kim for the compliments on my bear!

Good luck with your move elaine.... I hate moving so I'll be thinking about you!

Okay this is the laceweight yarn I dyed a few weeks ago:

th_006-3.jpg

It does look better wound up and I am making a lacy something-or-other with it--hopefully I will be done with it by the end of the month!

Here's some more yarn:

th_002-1.jpg

th_005-2.jpg

I used pink lemonade, strawberry, and black cherry kool-aid. it is a wool-silk blend from Knitpicks. I am using it for my bottom Up Pineapple Shawl!

jen that yarn is gorgeous! And I've seen your shawl in the classroom thread, I LOVE IT!!!! I'm on row 37 of mine, or 38 not sure I think I start 37 next time I work on it though, I LOVE LOVE the pattern though, going to whip up some more of these!!

Everybody's stuff looks so great! That dyed yarn looks good enough to eat! I just love it. :D

Well, now that the chaos of school, my birthday vacation and my birthday party are over, I have returned to my regularly scheduled yarn addition/therapy. :lol

My list has been seriously altered for the remainder of this quarter. I didn't have nearly the free time I thought I would. It's pretty much one project now. The Lace Hem Topping from the cover of the July 2008 Creative Knitting magazine. It's a very pretty and quite simple v-neck tank that has a little bit of knitted lace at the hem. It's been a learning experience. I started it on June 3 and have ripped it and re-started at least 6 times. I finally got the lace pattern right tonight. :clap Now I'm on a roll. I'm using Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Taupe and since I knit with a severe death grip, I had to go up a needle size from the pattern.

I'm so backlogged on getting pictures of my previous FO's. I feel rather bad about that. I hope to get caught up on that this coming week.

I missed you guys during my absence! I'm so pleased with all of the progress you all have made! :hug

Take care,

Relynn

Hey you guys. Haven't been around much lately. feeling a bit out of the crochet groove. I did finish a the Sophisticated Shells Shawl and posted it in show-n-tell. But because my life has been so busy, good, but busy, the only two things I MUST get done this quarter is the Sophisticated Shells Skirt and the shell shell I'm working on.

Miss you all :hug

Jen that yarn is gorgeous!!! And I'm glad your back Relynn!!

Ada, I found this granny square pattern and thought you might be interested. Its a peace sign!

Anyways, I didnt crochet anything this weekend, or knit for that matter! I have packed up most of my yarn, but between packing, cleaning and just normal weekend stuff, I never got around to finishing my wrap! It will be there for when packing goes overkill this week! But really I think I am just waiting for my yarn to come from knitpicks! I cant wait!

Hey Susan, I was wondering why you hadn't posted in a while....hope you get your crochet groove thing back soon!:hug

Elaine, hope the move goes well for you! :yesAre you moving far from where you live now?

Hey Susan, I was wondering why you hadn't posted in a while....hope you get your crochet groove thing back soon!:hug

Elaine, hope the move goes well for you! :yesAre you moving far from where you live now?

We are moving about 25 miles to Alexandria so we'll be a LOT closer to DC - about a 10 minute car ride away! :clap I will be 10 minutes away from work and now it will only take my boyfriend about half an hour to commute into DC versus the hour and a half that it takes him now! It will definitely be worth it... after the whole moving part!

Thanks for the encouragement!

We are moving about 25 miles to Alexandria so we'll be a LOT closer to DC - about a 10 minute car ride away! :clap I will be 10 minutes away from work and now it will only take my boyfriend about half an hour to commute into DC versus the hour and a half that it takes him now! It will definitely be worth it... after the whole moving part!

Thanks for the encouragement!

You guys are lucky to be able to afford Alexandria! My DH works in DC and commutes about an hour to an hour and a half each way. We used to live in Burke, then Manassas, but where we are now is so peaceful and serene that the commute is kinda worth it for now. (And the rent's cheap. :lol) I also used to live in Dale City when I first moved to this area. At that time I worked in Tyson's and the commute was something too awful to speak of.

You guys are lucky to be able to afford Alexandria! My DH works in DC and commutes about an hour to an hour and a half each way. We used to live in Burke, then Manassas, but where we are now is so peaceful and serene that the commute is kinda worth it for now. (And the rent's cheap. :lol) I also used to live in Dale City when I first moved to this area. At that time I worked in Tyson's and the commute was something too awful to speak of.

We are moving from Woodbridge and our rent went up quite a bit so if we stayed there, we would have a bigger place. But since my BF works in DC (and I in Alexandria) the amount he spends on gas and the metro, it kind of evens itself out. Plus we go to DC at least once a weekend, and I am so tired of having to drive 40 minutes (without traffic!) just to go see friends. Plus the amount of gas it takes for a 50 mile round trip!

I didnt realize you were in the area too!

Hey everyone. Well, it's 1am, but I think I finished my skirt and top. Except for the weaving in anyway. I say I think because I haven't decided for sure about the length of the top. I decided I wanted to have it done to wear it to dinner this Saturday as we celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. I made it! Will try to post pictures over the next couple of days.

Hey everyone. Well, it's 1am, but I think I finished my skirt and top. Except for the weaving in anyway. I say I think because I haven't decided for sure about the length of the top. I decided I wanted to have it done to wear it to dinner this Saturday as we celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary. I made it! Will try to post pictures over the next couple of days.

That's great Sue! Can't wait to see pics!

It's the end of the second quarter.....do you know where your list is?:shrug

:lol I lost mine a while back and haven't been able to find it!

Who finished most of their items on their list? :applause

Hmmmm... I think my list is long gone! :eek But its almost time for a new quarter at least! My list is probably going to be filled with socks because they are SOOO addicting! I am enjoying the challenge of it, but its nice once you get to a spot where you know what you are doing!

Maybe I should start thinking about any Christmas presents to make. :yes

I think I want to make one of the duffel bags from the Daisy square. Hmm... have to think about it for a while.

What is everyone else planning on doing?

I'm seriously working on getting my Lisetter shawl finished. I should have it done by the end of next week. I took the Bottom Up Pineapple class and love the pattern but don't care for the yarn I'm using so I'm frogging it and starting over....

I love that Daisy Duffle bag pattern! I've got that one on my list too.

My list is in the post listed in my signature, :lol thought it was the best way not to lose it! still 9 days left though, so I should finish it all up! :yay It's my next list i'm worried about, :rofl we'll see!

I purposely made my 2nd quarter list very short because I knew I'd be busy. So I did get everything done! Now I'm just filling the time with dishcloths and hot pads-using up stashed cotton. I need to seriously think about what to do for next quarter. There's been a recent engagement in the family so maybe I should start a wedding afghan.

How's everyone coming with their list? I can not think of anything that I am dying to make! I have gone from multiple projects at once, to not working on anything but my pair of socks. I do want to make some wraps, but it seems like knitting has taken me over! I'm sure it will wear off eventually, but man, are these socks fun! I REALLY need to start thinking about Christmas gift ideas!

I know what you mean Elaine! My list will be short and sweet for the next quarter. I'm almost finished the Lisette shawl so hopefully I won't be adding that to my next list. I've gotten so into collage/scrapbooking that my attention is really divided right now. I figure I'll be back to serious crocheting in the Fall when sitting down with wool yarn will be more fun!

Your socks sound like fun...post pics when you can!

Archived