Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there peeps! I haven't checked in the last few days it seems, but I've been busy with a few things:

1. Organizing the nearly 600 squares I've received so far during the May Charity Blitz

2. Helping to organize the new and improved show and tell forums

3. Making beautiful squares with The Traveling Hook III :yay

4. Averting disaster by calming the jealousy of my other crochet hooks :lol

Read about the hooks here if you wanna laugh

Here are some pictures, or rather where you can find them...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1302366&postcount=239

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1303664&postcount=248

Also, my kit and kaboodle partner has received her package so I can show off what I made, the swap was to give your partner a pattern and EVERYTHING they would need to complete the pattern, I thought that should include something to carry the supplies in :yes

th_DSC01155.jpg

th_DSC01153.jpg

And all filled up:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/tomasko2002/crochet%202008/DSC01158.jpg

I'll get back to my list early next week, I have a few more days with the fara hook, so I'll be making more squares!

Hey there peeps! I haven't checked in the last few days it seems, but I've been busy with a few things:

Also, my kit and kaboodle partner has received her package so I can show off what I made, the swap was to give your partner a pattern and EVERYTHING they would need to complete the pattern, I thought that should include something to carry the supplies in :yes

th_DSC01155.jpg

th_DSC01153.jpg

And all filled up:

I'll get back to my list early next week, I have a few more days with the fara hook, so I'll be making more squares!

LOL, love the Hook Soap Opera!! I love the bag you made...is that the Daisy Duffle pattern?

Yes, it's the daisy duffle pattern, I have plans to make more of them, I think they'd make great overnight bags for my dd's so I'm thinking christmas, but I would change a couple things next time, in particular I'll line any ones I make in the future.

Yea, the hook soap opera... I was in a mood :rofl

Well the Traveling Hook is in tucked away in her box awaiting shipment tomorrow, so I thought I'd collect my thoughts and make my goal list for this week.

I'm not making any squares this week, not a single one! since the May charity square along I've done nothing but make squares.... granted each one was for a worthy cause... but nonetheless I've had my share of square making and am taking a week away from it.

Now, I made a stocking cap last week for Casey, and I want to make him a ball as well, and also an afghan for his brother...

And I still have 2 comfortghans to assemble this quarter, and that gives me 29 days to get that done!!! So I need to edge and join 6 squares everyday to get that done in time with enough time to do the borders as well.....

ok, so I have enough to do...

1. edge and join 48 squares (that will be 6 rows of 8 not joined in an afghan yet)

2. Make ball for Casey

3. Start zachary's afghan... i'm thinking the diagonal hues in red, yellow, and blue so let's say 25 rows on that

That should sufficiently cover my week :lol

Suzy your round ripple looks great! I love the colors.

I have finished some bookmarks and my baby blanket. Right now I am just playing around with some laceweight, trying out a stitch and some different hook sizes. I kinda want to make a lacy summery vest of some sort. But I also think I will sign up for the Pineapple Shawl class here at Crochetville. Is anyone else signing up for a class?

th_001-1.jpg

Spider to Web Bookmark

th_004-3.jpg

Turtle and Hatchling from Crochetroo

th_007-1.jpg

Lizard/Gecko from Crochetroo

th_010.jpg

Snake from Crochetroo

Crochetroo's patterns are fun to do--I think the turtle is my favorite!

th_006-1.jpg

Happy Baby Blanket--I didn't use the pattern's color changes, just the stitch

th_013.jpg

Some more yarn I dyed

This is 800+ yards of laceweight Bare I got from Knitpicks. Kool-Aid dyed--I'm not crazy about the result--it looks muddied. I was going to overdye it but decided just to roll it up and now I'm playing around with it a little. It looks better wound up--no picture yet!

Your dyed yarn is gorgeous! Love the color.

I'm signed up for the easier of the Pineapple Shawl classes...I think it's the bottom up shawl? I already have yarn for it so I'm ready to start!

I want to take a class, but if I spend anymore money right now my hubby will have a fit. That bottom up shawl is what grabs me the most, just don't think I can right now, we'll see.

p.s jenhen~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE those bookmarks! too cute! And great color on the hand dyed yarn!

1. Organizing the nearly 600 squares I've received so far during the May Charity Blitz

2. Helping to organize the new and improved show and tell forums

3. Making beautiful squares with The Traveling Hook III :yay

4. Averting disaster by calming the jealousy of my other crochet hooks :lol

Here are some pictures, or rather where you can find them...

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1302366&postcount=239

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1303664&postcount=248

th_DSC01155.jpg

th_DSC01153.jpg

And all filled up:

You are a riot! :laughroll

The bag looks great! I really want to make some of the daisy squares, but I just havent committed to it yet. I gotta think about it some more! Some projects I have to think about for awhile before I start them - I dont know why though! :P

Elaine~

The daisy square is ADDICTIVE!!!! I use them for a lot of things now, I send some here and there to Krystal, I've made the daisy bag.... a while back I made a Carseat sized blanket for my neice Carissa.... I've used them in a comfortghan for my friend Darlene.... there are A LOT of uses for these squares, and they are soooo sooooo pretty.... come on jump in... make a square and send it to Krystal.... then you can make others as you see fit... just start with one... you can do it :devil:rofl

Jen, your book marks are adorable! I especially like the lizard. :D

I'm not really happy with the way my sweater was turning out, so put it aside for now. And I started a cabled purse in bright summer colors. Want to get that done soon. So here is my list, although I don't expect I will finish anything except maybe the purse this week.

1. Cable purse

2. Restful Retreat Afghan -18/67 rows done

3. Perfect Welcome Afghan 3/8 rows of pineapples done.

I have really fallen in love with Perfect Welcome after a very slow start. The color wasn't what I expected it to be, but have decided that my pastor and his wife are getting it as a Christms gift this year. It will look nice in their livingroom. The Restful Retreat is for my spare bedroom and the more I do of it the better I like it as well.

The Colorful Cables purse, as I am calling it, is an experiment. I'm not sure yet if verical cables and horizontal stripes was a good idea. :think We shall see.

Your dyed yarn is gorgeous! Love the color.

I'm signed up for the easier of the Pineapple Shawl classes...I think it's the bottom up shawl? I already have yarn for it so I'm ready to start!

Some folks find pineapples difficult, but I did them so much when grandma taught me crocheting, it became second nature to me. I think I got sick of them, :lol. So now I find I tend to avoid them :yes

have fun, you should enjoy it.

I think I may have come up with a new list! Or at least added a couple of things… ok so one more thing :P. I don’t know what I am going to work on after I finish up these! Nothing even comes to mind! I guess I’ll figure it out as it goes.

1. Knitted Socks – I am working on the heel flap right now. I have the basics down on making socks. I actually understand picking up the stitches and using DPNs. :clap I haven’t grafted a toe yet, but I’ll be there shortly!

2. Drops Cardigan – the back part is done. I have started on the right front (I think I did anyways, lol)

3. Shill Shell Shawl (Isn’t that a tongue twister!) from Art of Crochet using Peaches N Cream.

So Saturday was the baby shower for Christie (I made the multi-colored ABC Afghan for her) and the blanket was a HUGE hit! I am so happy I actually decided to give her that one. I was really unsure about it for awhile and didn’t make the decision until I was wrapping everything. But I have to say it looked a lot better with someone else holding it. I am just happy they liked it though.

So Saturday was the baby shower for Christie (I made the multi-colored ABC Afghan for her) and the blanket was a HUGE hit! I am so happy I actually decided to give her that one. I was really unsure about it for awhile and didn’t make the decision until I was wrapping everything. But I have to say it looked a lot better with someone else holding it. I am just happy they liked it though.

I'm so glad she loved the blanket!!

Elaine--your blanket was beautiful, I'm glad they liked it.

Kim--is the bottom-up Pineapple shawl easier? I wanted to do that one because I like the look of the pineapples pointing up instead of down! I love pineapples, I think I'll sign up this week.

Kim--is the bottom-up Pineapple shawl easier? I wanted to do that one because I like the look of the pineapples pointing up instead of down! I love pineapples, I think I'll sign up this week.

Yes! If I read the description correctly, it's the easier of the two classes and that's the one I wanted. I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

Okay you girls (and guts if applicable), I'd like to show you the front of the Colorful Cables. I've decided it will be a tote instead of a purse. The back will be identical, the bottom, sides, handle will be the 2 stranded cable pattern. So, I'd like your opinions please.

1) Does the stripe cable comination work?

2) Would you stripe the handle/side/bottom cable as well? All of it or just the sides and bottom with solid colored handle?

I think if I like it I will make one in a solid color as well. Any way, here it is.

th_colorfulcablestote003.jpg

Sorry, it's alittle bright.

TIA:hug

Well I have been falling behind. Lots of stress going on here.

I finshed this and didn't post a picture.

rachael099c.jpgrachael107C.jpg

Now I am going to work on catching up on snow flakes.

Well I have been falling behind. Lots of stress going on here.

I finshed this and didn't post a picture.

rachael099c.jpgrachael107C.jpg

Now I am going to work on catching up on snow flakes.

That's adorable! I love the yarn you used!

Susan, I like that bag, I would make the sides and bottom a solid color, and strip the handle, but that's just me.

Well ladies, I wen to bed early last night, but yesterday I got my Kit and Kaboodle package from my partner full details here http://adaslovinglyhandmade.blogspot.com/2008/06/swaps-and-such.html

So a few years ago I taught myself to knit, got my little "can't believe I'm knitting" book and thought :yay I'm learning something new.... well b the end of it, I knew how to knit, I knew how to purl and I wanted to :thair

However, I wanted balance, and thought, maybe like with crocheting my little break from it will serve to have given me new perspective, and I could try again, then I saw this pattern book (the Garden of Dishcloths) and thought THAT IS WORTH KNITTING FOR... I LOVE this book...so, I ended up getting the book, the needles, and the yarn I need to make every single one of them!! :woo

Yesterday I crocheted my 20 rows on the blanket for Zachary so I could feel like I accomplished something, then I set to work... I did 26 rows on the Tulip dishcloth!!!!! That's nearly half of the dishcloth, and you should see me all knitting and purling away!!! :cheer

Granted, I'm a bit slow at it, and it's not relaxing like my crocheting is, but it is enjoyable, and I'm so excited about it!!!

It does get more relaxing as you go.

Granted, I'm a bit slow at it, and it's not relaxing like my crocheting is, but it is enjoyable, and I'm so excited about it!!!

Here are some progress photos

This is the blanket I'm making for little Zachary... what do you all think of the colors? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stick with this scheme or do a new one, so please be honest... does it look ok???

th_DSC01263.jpg

Here is my Tulip dishcloth after 28 rows, now this I don't want the truth on, I'm fragile, so say you love it :rofl Can you see the little flower pot?? TOO CUTE!

th_DSC01264.jpg

Archived