Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

I finished Casey's Stocking Cap last night, you can see it my new avatar and get the pattern here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79219

Today we're going to bbq later on, but I want to work on this comfortghan some.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't dropped off the face of the earth here - I am slowly plugging away at my list. I probably don't have the concept here quite right - I keep adding things to my list! Isn't the point to finish what we start out the quarter with?? :D

:lol Yes it was, but we change our minds so much, or frog things, or have so many new unexpected stuff come up, that we have been revising our lists alot. I think the only time I stuck with my list was Holiday lists....:think

The main idea is to try and get rid of UFOs and not put stuff aside until it is done, I don't have anymore UFOs, and have been able to stick to most of my plans. Whatever works for you is good.

What about it folks, should we stick to our first lists and not revise or what?:shrug

Well, I haven't added anything to my original list, I did remove 1 item though that I hadn't started yet, was just intending to make. What I'm goaling to do is complete the items named on the list, I'm letting myself start new projects and what not, but I'm only judging crochet progress based on what my list is saying I need to do. So where each week I have small things I want to accomplish, I make sure I make some progress to at least 1 item on my original list, that's why my siggy links back to the list I started with.

I have so many posts to catch up on! :lol

I got back from my birthday vacation on Sunday. We went to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. DH and I had a wonderful time in that beautiful little town. I am trying to get back to normal now, so I'll be picking up the hook again to get some stuff done.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :hug

I have so many posts to catch up on! :lol

I got back from my birthday vacation on Sunday. We went to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. DH and I had a wonderful time in that beautiful little town. I am trying to get back to normal now, so I'll be picking up the hook again to get some stuff done.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :hug

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad you had a good trip!!

I finished Casey's Stocking Cap last night, you can see it my new avatar and get the pattern here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79219

Today we're going to bbq later on, but I want to work on this comfortghan some.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!

That's adorable!!

Ok, so it seems like most of us have deviated from our lists! So I am coming up with a brand new one for me!

1. Socks - 35% I am working on the gusset of the first one right now! (I keep going even though I think they are going to be big enough for big foot!:lol But I am learning - and I actually get it! !!)

2. Drops Cardigan - From my Kit n Kaboodle. I am trying to work on it, but I have been pretty consumed by the sock!

3. Shawl - pattern TBD

4. Tank top

5. Shrug

I had a hard time coming up with the last 3!! But they are things I have been wanting to make. Now I'm off to find patterns for them all!

Ok, so it seems like most of us have deviated from our lists! So I am coming up with a brand new one for me!

2. Drops Cardigan - From my Kit n Kaboodle. I am trying to work on it, but I have been pretty consumed by the sock!

I would love to see pics of the cardigan when it's done! What yarn will you be using?

I would love to see pics of the cardigan when it's done! What yarn will you be using?

Its coming along really quickly - and its a fun pattern! I am using the Muskat yarn which is some super soft egyptian cotton. Here's a link to it:http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visgarn.php?garn=Muskat. Its number 14 - I love this shade of purple!!!

Its coming along really quickly - and its a fun pattern! I am using the Muskat yarn which is some super soft egyptian cotton. Here's a link to it:http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visgarn.php?garn=Muskat. Its number 14 - I love this shade of purple!!!

Oh wow, that yarn is gorgeous! I haven't heard of that one and now I really want some too!! :clap:yay:cheer

That yarn is so pretty elaine. I guess I have to get cracking and eliminate my stash.... this yarn embargo is tough :lol

That yarn is so pretty elaine. I guess I have to get cracking and eliminate my stash.... this yarn embargo is tough :lol

I feel ya there! I have made a decision not to buy any more yarn until after the move. Although I have heard yarn does work nicely to cushion breakables - so that could be a good excuse to buy more, right? :devil

I do love the yarn! Its sooo soft! I just need to put the sock down for a bit to work on it!

I did it! I finished my first RR. Its the color of the crocuses outside the window. They were blooming when I started it! Here it is on my queen sized bed. Now I can send it off to Mom. Better late than never!

roundripple001.jpg

roundripple004.jpg

Suzy, that's gorgeous! Do you mind if I ask what pattern you used? I would love to try one of those but don't know what pattern would be easy for me to follow....My brain goes numb if a pattern has too many words....LOL

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I used this one as posted in the CAL for RR's 6-24 point. Its the basic pattern and very easy for my first try. There are no point increases in this pattern, just the basics. I'm not very accomplished and don't read difficult patterns well yet. I had no trouble-very easy.:D

http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html

I used this one as posted in the CAL for RR's 6-24 point. Its the basic pattern and very easy for my first try. There are no point increases in this pattern, just the basics. I'm not very accomplished and don't read difficult patterns well yet. I had no trouble-very easy.:D

Thanks so much, that looks like a pattern I could do....How many rounds did you do on yours?

Love it!

Gosh, Kim, I didn't count! I decided what I wanted the stripes to look like and kept going till I thought it was big enough! I had to go check and its 49 rows of DC and a sc edge. That's a queen sized bed and it is as wide as the mattress.

Gosh, Kim, I didn't count! I decided what I wanted the stripes to look like and kept going till I thought it was big enough! I had to go check and its 49 rows of DC and a sc edge. That's a queen sized bed and it is as wide as the mattress.

Thanks so much for counting for me! I want to make one for my bed and wasn't sure how much yarn it would take. I can't wait to get started!

Updated List

Dolly Parton doll - 65% completeSweet Dreams baby blanket - 97% complete

Black Fun Fur Cat - 70% complete

White cat - 70% complete

RR for sister - 60% complete

Purple Cardigan - Turned into pet blanket 100% completed

I'm down to two motifs left on the Woodsland tunic and then I can actually get started on the main part of the sweater. I would say it's roughly 20% done, but the main part should fly since it's a mesh pattern.

Good luck on your projects everyone!

~Relynn

Here's my revised list...again!

1. Lisette Sweater/Shawl.....90%

2. Quahog Beach Bag.....95%

3. Sea Shells Market Tote...have yarn

4. Apple Blossom Stole...have yarn

5. Scarves for swap...finished!

I seem to have a very short attention span lately so changed my list to quick to finish items. Still want to learn to Knit but may put that on hold until later in the Summer.

Archived