Wearing hats

So I've never worn hats because I have wavy short hair and a hat wrecks it.

I just made a really cute hat and now I want to wear it all the time.

Do you wear your winter hats indoors? I mean, I can see leaving it on to run errands, a quick in and out of a store, but what about grocery shopping? I would think if you're in a store that long, the hat would need to come off. Wouldn't it look weird to be wearing a winter hat if you're inside for a bit?

I don't think it would look really weird. People do that a lot. It may get warm, though. You're hair also may not look as bad as you think it does after a hat, also. Plus, people are likely to be more understanding if there are a few hairs out of place when you've come in from the cold.

When I go shopping, I wear whatever I am wearing which usually includes a hat. I don't go anywhere from November to April without a hat.

I would be seriously worried about people who thought it was strange to be wearing a hat in a mall.

When I go shopping, I wear whatever I am wearing which usually includes a hat. I don't go anywhere from November to April without a hat.

I would be seriously worried about people who thought it was strange to be wearing a hat in a mall.

But you live in Canada! :) I'm in Tennessee and it doesn't stay cold for long. :P

I understand your predicament, NeedSleep. I live in Arkansas where it doesn't get that cold and I also have naturally curly hair, so I understand the hat head thing. I usually just choose to wear my hat the whole time if I'm not at work. If I wear the hat on the way to work, I take it off when I get there and go the restroom to check out the hair situation. I find that flipping your hair upside down and then back up usually will fix any flat spots.

Here in the South (USA) it is almost strange to wear a hat. Especially in the little town I live in. Cities are better about seeing more styles but here, dress styles are so homogenous it's almost scary. And... no hats except on the bald or very old.

I wear a hat a lot during the winter, but I usually take it off when in stores, it just is to warm to wear. I do see a lot of women that leave them on.

What I do is wear it to clean off the car from the snow, and then as soon as I am in the car, all toasty, then off it comes. I keep a brush in the car and brush my short hair so I don't get hat hair. I don't put it back on because of hair issues. So it stays in the car while I shop.

Sometimes, I end up with a few hats and scarves in the car because I forget to bring them in.

All the fun things of winter. Forgetting hats and scarves and gloves in the car, hat hair, scraping cars. I just love winter near Chicago.:lol

:manyheart

:manyheart

I don't wear hats a lot but when I do, yes I leave it on while shopping unless I get too warm. I worry about losing it and my pockets usually already have my gloves/mittens in them.

Regarding wearing hats in the south, here in GA it's pretty common to wear them in the winter. It really does get cold here. In fact we're in the 30's today. :wcold

i take it off as soon as im indoors

my gloves go into 1 pocket and hat goes in the other

i dont wear hats that often but i keep it in my pocket just in case, i prefer sweatshirt hoods (i hate my jackets hood...fur trim, so i took it off)

When I go somewhere with a hat on, I usually leave it on until I get home with the exception of going to work. This morning here in Pennsylvania it's 16 degrees and I didn't wear a hat to drive to work, but was wishing I had. My problem with taking one off in a store is that my hair generally gets static electricity from wearing it, so I usually leave it on.

Here in Salt Lake lots of people wear hats for fashion, all the time--mostly the younger set, though, like teens and those in their twenties. Beret-type and newsboy caps are popular, but I think beanies are even more so. Most of the teenage boys wear them at all times, even in the summer!

I wear hats all the time except in the summer. I am prone to sinus and ear problems and wearing a hat seems to help. I just made a double strand winter hat and it is so yummy warm and everyone at work loved it but I was amused at all the comments that "I love hats, but they mess up my hair". I'll take funny looking hair over getting sick any day;)!

As a man, once I enter a building I remove my hat. If I forget, my daughters are quick to remind me that "Gentilemen don't wear hats indoors, Ladies may". During the winter, I wear stocking caps, and they easily are put in my pocket. During the rest of the year, I wear a fedora (wish I could make my own, instead of the store bought one I wear), which my daughters quickly take from me when we enter a store.

I wear a hat as soon as it dips into the 40-50s. I have sensitive ears so these MN winters are long and cold. People may tease me, but they are just jealous. I don't think it is strange at all. Sometimes I wear it in the summer on really cold windy days. I always keep one in my car just in case. My son is always layered up too, although he hates to wear it in the car. It comes off as soon as he is strapped in even though it is still cold in the car. I think people who aren't wearing them are crazy and freezing. Warmth is more important than looks to me!

hmm, I wear hats sometimes. I'm not that well organized, and have short hair so if i'm out, i very rarely take it off. But then, some days i just don't care what other ppl think of my hair. I've got kind of a crazy hairstyle right now anyways.....lol

I do wish I had some decent gloves though. I've had my current pair for years, and to top it all off they never really did keep my hands warm.....don't know why i've kept them for so long.

I bought DS a new pair of winter gloves, so i'm keeping an eye out for his previous two pairs.......lol one side got lost for each one......rofl

But you live in Canada! :) I'm in Tennessee and it doesn't stay cold for long. :P

Well honey, I'm in Texas and there's folks around here "wearing their hats in the house" as Momma used to say. It used to be considered rude to wear a hat indoors (least around here) but now it's pretty much the norm. My sister and DH both wear them in the store and they're not the only ones. So wear that hat with pride! :manyheart

Archived