2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I gave away some yarn to a friend because I said to her "I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this yarn", and she said "thats the color of my bedroom". I said "take it"! Another +8. If this keeps up I might get back into positives by Sat.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just might turn some skeins into balls this week! (I hope) I have had a Paton's slipper waiting for a mate for weeks. I made a second slipper last night. Of course, it's a different pattern and color, but I at least made another one. :lol If I make the second of the second, I should for sure be able to shrink some skeins. I now understand the lure of multi-stranded patterns. :hook

I went to Target to find a lampshade, microwave dishes and a tray table. The Target is in a shopping plaza with a Michaels. It took a bus, a subway and a 20 minute walk to get there. Since my mom taught me to make every trip count, I just had to get the yarn to finish my squares :sigh. I did good :yes, only got 2 skeins Simply Soft black (-4), even when other :yarn tried to convince me to take them too. Since I always take my :crocheting with me, got 3 squares done on the ride home, almost 1/2 a skein :clap. I gifted a skein to a neighbor (+2) and I should finish the skein by Sat.

Score: WTD + 3

Bought two balls of thread today at a yard sale so that's a -4 - Tomorrow I am planning on going to a bunch of 2nd hand shops/thrift stores (My Husband owes me for my birthday, which is on Sunday! I'll be 27) I am not planning on buying a bunch of Yarn but if there's a good deal, I cannot pass it up!

I did finish another skein on the blankie +2... not too much more now, maybe it'll be don by the end of the weekend :lol

I have been on vacation to San Diego, so not much crocheting got done in the last week. I did manage to use up one skein of rh while sitting in the airport, waiting through a delay. That airport is so nice, they have rocking chairs all around. Perfect for crafters.

I also had a batch of bad yarn from Lion Brand that I had complained about. They are so nice about fixing problems, and I recieved a box of 5 skeins to replace the ones I had problems with.

So my score this week is :

wtd=-8 ytd=31

I will try to get a positive number next week.

:manyheart

I need to go ahead and post my total for the week. I have a Bridal Shower to attend today and then another event tonight so I won't be getting much more crocheting done. Here is what I accomplished this week +12 WTD

Rachel

Well, I had thought my yarn order would be in this week, so I used up as much balls as I could to off set the negative from the pending order. Didn't happen. :(Some of my yarn was on backorder so it did not ship til yesterday. This week's score is the best I have had all year. :cheerNext week's score will be the worst. I tried....:devil

WTD +14

I finally finished the last project I was working on, but I didn't use up any yarn. I did start something new, so hopefully next week I'll have positive numbers again.

Weekly: 0

I finished 1 skein and about 1/3 of another :cheer. I only need 14 more squares :clap. Assembling them is a pain though :P. I should get my afghan done by next Sat. + 2 more points this week.

Score: WTD: + 5

Ellie 13

I haven't gotten anything more busted this week and won't finishe anymore today before the deadline gotta go pull weeds so my finall score is.....

WTD +4

Wow, really worked at stuff this week, luckily they were small skeins so the points added up fast. 2nd poncho done, and started a tie front top.

WTD +44 YTD +302

:sigh Went out shopping with a friend today and came home with four skeins of Lion Brand Suede - it was 99 cents a skein!!!!! How could I resist??? :think I actually have a few skeins at home already and am planning to make a couple small rugs for either side of the bed. I think it will make for nice rugs :yes

I likely won't get anything busted this evening - I am doing up some finishing touches on my Secret Swap reveal package - so here is my score:

WTD: -13 (-16 YTD)

Thought I had better go ahead and post b4 I forget like I did last week. I have busted through 5 skeins in the last couple of days trying to finish up a couple of afghans for christmas gifts :cheer:hook So my totals are

wtd 16 ytd -5

Archived