2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished 2 balls at work today, but I'm counting that as next week since I just got home. I'm starting in the positives!! I want some yarn this week, but it would only be 1 skein anyway, so this just may be my first week in the positives!

Ugh...I missed posting on time as well. I'm almost done with a knitted dog sweater for the newly shorn cocker spaniel (we had a little run-in with about a bajillion cockleburrs), so I was hoping to add some positives to my weekly score.

I was a bad girl, though...I was asked to crochet a shawl for a display, so there is -3. I also got suckered in by the $2 skeins of Moonlight Mohair at Michael's. There was this beautiful blue I'd been eyeballing for MONTHS with a beautiful lace shawl in mind...and it's not getting cheaper than $2!!

So my weekly score....-15. I'm still about an inch away from finishing the neck on my doggie's sweater, so I'll be off to a good start next week!!

Oops ... forgot to post my weekly totals! I didn't get as far into the positives as I'd hoped, but at least I am in the positives ;)

wtd +2 ytd +5

Off to reset my signature and get ready for the new week ... let's hope we all keep movin' up in the totals!

I've started a 3-strand scrapghan in pastels for my 4YO DD. She keeps crawling into my bed at night complaining "she's cold" (freezycat, I guess). Last night I wound up on the couch b/c she kept kicking me in the head. I set out this morning (with DH's blessing) making a 3-strand afghan to keep her warm...

I have wracked up a TON of points already this morning, and it's just begun. I started in the center with smaller balls, so they went faster. :woo Points, here I come!

I finished another cat bed with 3 skeins of yarn +6. I started a RR afghan with 5 different yarns in it, so it will be a while before I'll finish any skeins, but what fun! It's my first round ripple, and I am really enjoying it.

I woke up an hour earlier than I needed to this morning, so instead of going back to bed, I worked on my 2 strander and used up 2 skeins. So I am starting the week off in the positive. I just hope I can stay that way :lol

+4

Just used up 2 skeins on DB throw :clap:clap Starting to dig my way out of the hole I got in last week LOL. Need to get back to my scrap ghan for a bit and get those numbers up !!! YAY

Went shopping with a friend this afternoon and came home with 9 skeins of yarn :D Seven were fuzzy things that I need to finish a 2SUB I am making and the other two are for a baby blanket for a friend from church who is expecting a new baby girl later this spring. That starts my week off at -18 (YTD -20)

{{deep breath}} Okay, I know the point of this CAL is to bust stash, but I just couldn't resist ... went to Meijers this afternoon (for those that don't have them, it's kind of like a Super Walmart or Super Target). The only yarn I was going to get was some for a child's sweater I'm testing for a fellow 'viller ... my dd didn't like the color I was using originally and I don't want to go through all this work for her to not want to wear it, so what could I do?! But when I got there, I found that all the yarn was 50% off ... and another lady that was also stocking up said she'd heard that they were phasing out the yarn. So, of course, I just had to doing some stocking up, right? Come on, back me up here LOL!

Oh, all right ... I'll try to do better ... {{head hanging in shame}}

What? Oh, you want to know just how much it was? okaaay, um ... 36 skeins ... shhhh

I donated a bunch of yarn to the Humane Society's "2nd Chance Shop" so they can sell it to make some money. Does this count? It's 50 points worth... I adjusted my score, if it doesn't count then I will change it back to 0.

I'm going to try to get some crocheting done.

:yarn

{{deep breath}} Okay, I know the point of this CAL is to bust stash, but I just couldn't resist ...[snip] But when I got there, I found that all the yarn was 50% off ... [snip] So, of course, I just had to doing some stocking up, right? Come on, back me up here LOL!

[snip]

What? Oh, you want to know just how much it was? okaaay, um ... 36 skeins ... shhhh

Hey! Dont go kicking yourself! After all, at half off, you only paid for 18 skeins! :D Who could pass up 18 free skeins of yarn?!?!?!? :lol Besides, I know you will put it all to good use!

I made progress on busting stash! I finished the paper chain doll purse seen in the current issue (Feb. 2008) of Crochet World magazine. :crocheting I use One whole skein (+2) :yarn:yarnand 7 balls!(+7):yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

So, Im up 9 points!!!!! :) I think that puts me back on the plus side.:yay

I would have stocked up on that clearance too!! That's what gets me in trouble :lol

Of course donating yarn counts for points! Good going!

I rolled another skein into a ball finishing up a quilt ghan so another +1 for me! I hope to start some stash busting things tomorrow and knock out some of these points before I start coming across clearance yarn I need!

I spent most of yesterday tucking ends on a few blankies & baby hats.. but then finished the wrap thingy, using 1½ more skeins of Symphony +3

(even tucked the ends on that!) :eek

Spent the rest of the day/evening charting a grape filet piece....

Archived