2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My dh and I had a huge fight over yarn taking over the house. SO I had to get rid of a bunch of balls. Bagged them up and took them to the nursing home for the ladies to use up.

wtd=+128

It was so hard to part with some of this yarn, but I had to.

Still working on cleaning up. I'm sad about having to get rid of so much yarn.

:manyheart

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that.

You must have had a huge stash to have to give up that much yarn.

I hope they were small balls of yarn and not big skeins.

I like to thank anyone who purchased yarn this week, and have special appreciation to whoever wins the shoot the moon award. It's nice to know I am not facing my addiction alone. Thanks Guys!! :lol

WTD -9 YTD -115

+128 CLLinda - GOLD MEDAL

+30 dragonpuck - Silver Medal

+18 jeannie1205 - Bronze Medal

+16 angelfire

+8 JennyBunny

+4 Ellie 13

+4 econ-nerd

+3 Walker 1-21

+1 CyM

0 Marzee

0 canostreasures

-9 appy lover

-10 Dreams of Yarn

-15 hseger

-24 KellyA

-44 Tia

-47 basjordan SHOOT THE MOON

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

my second silver

i am starting to see holes in the racks on my walls- now if i can just resist the urge to fill them up again

i have avoided the clearance at walmart -as i don't really like simply soft and i am good, for a while on border colors ,but this will be a busy month -hoping to stay at least +100 YTD

I'm starting off the week with 2 skeins busted! :yay I found and won an ebay auction for the 4 skeins for my Mom's shawler but as soon as it comes in it will be gone pretty quick and that's all I plan to buy this week.

I just discovered your game. I have become a stasher for the first time in my life, so this sounds like just the thing to help me regain control. Is is OK to join this late in the year?

It's fine to join now. The directions are in the first post. On Saturday before midnight, please post your weekly total in big, bold, colorful numbers so it is easy to see for the scorekeeper. If you have any questions, ask away!

I rolled a skein into a ball finishing my spiral afghan! :yay +1 more point. Now if I don't get any yarn this week I should be well on my way to a positive week :lol

I rolled a skein into a ball finishing my spiral afghan! :yay +1 more point. Now if I don't get any yarn this week I should be well on my way to a positive week :lol

:sigh all I can say is -22 today. :sigh

Uh Oh, what happened??

After all the :rain last week I was :sick on Fri. I stayed home and :crocheting. Did the same on Sat. I used 5 balls :yay. Sun. I went shopping, but only got the pins, no :yarn. The last couple of days were nice enough, so I went biking after work, not much :crocheting. A lady at work wants me to make a baby afghan, so I'll be busting some skeins soon :cheer.

WTD Score: + 5

Ellie 13

Well I was plugging away on my 3SUB and adding points to my score all day. Then I decided to take a break and go through and organize my stash.

I found some wip's-gone-wrong and decided it was about time I frogged them. So doing that and winding them up into balls means I must subtract 5 now. :P

Archived