2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished up 2 skeins on 2 shawlers :yay +4

But now I'll have to go buy 1 skein for the one shawler and 4 skeins yet on the other shawler to finish them and I will probably end up buying some more yarn on clearance :sigh I also will need to buy 2 skeins to finish a baby blanket I started today.

I went to Micheals, HL and JoAnn's today and ended up with 21 skeins between all those stores. I guess it's not really as bad as it could have been but it sure will make it hard to get above -200 :D At least the only yarn left to buy is 4 skeins of homspun to finish a shawler so maybe I can stop buying some and start using it :lol -42 points :sigh

i used up a ball making ghosts, donated 2 slightly used pounders plus 1 large ball to the seniors knitting group (+6). My skein of orange is finally 1/2 gone :cheer, a dozen more pumpkin pins (+/-) and I can roll it into a ball :yay. Should get more points by Sat.

WTD Score: + 2

Ellie 13

I was good this week. I wanted to buy yarn, and I almost did. I went to Wal-Mart, Michaels, and Joanne looking for the elusive RHSS in Delft Blue, they had none.

I was almost to the checkout at Michaels with 5 skeins when I stopped, retraced my steps and put it all back. It was sad, but it was the right thing to do. I know that I could have given them all a home and that they would have enjoyed playing the rest of my stash until I could get them made into lovely things, but I am not sure my apartment has enough room for them to truely be happy.

Wal-Mart said they would be getting some delft blue, so I will be getting some when that happens, but not yet. However I will be making some scarves for the Special Olympics deal and that is one of the very few colors I don't already have in my stash.

I was good this week. I wanted to buy yarn, and I almost did. I went to Wal-Mart, Michaels, and Joanne looking for the elusive RHSS in Delft Blue, they had none.

I was almost to the checkout at Michaels with 5 skeins when I stopped, retraced my steps and put it all back. It was sad, but it was the right thing to do. I know that I could have given them all a home and that they would have enjoyed playing the rest of my stash until I could get them made into lovely things, but I am not sure my apartment has enough room for them to truely be happy.

Wal-Mart said they would be getting some delft blue, so I will be getting some when that happens, but not yet. However I will be making some scarves for the Special Olympics deal and that is one of the very few colors I don't already have in my stash.

This must have been so hard for you ~ but you have shown your will and strenght to combat YAS. Congrats!!! :yay

Still haven't tackled the small balls bag. I would really like to start a rectangular granny scrapghan using a lot of those, but I have stipulated to myself that I can't do that until I put together the 3 year old scrap ghan (3' X5") that is in two pieces and resides at the bottom of the stash pile. Most of my stitch holders are tied up holding it together. I keep waiting for the spirit to move me to get that thing done and off to the homeless shelter before winter moves in.... But, but, but there's the lapghan for Sissie, the replacement square for Cyndi, the daisy square waiting for rnd 8, and the never ending 6" baby blanket squares for the group that puts them together and donates them locally.

Other musings. I wonder how many afghans could be made with all the squares lost in the mail.:think

Anyway, this is for stashbusing. So, I finally rolled the never ending RHSS soft white for +1

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: -1

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

September Charity Square-a-long (Sept. 12-15)

I'm coming down with a cold, so I am posting early.

WTD=+6!

I'm glad it's a positive number. Two weeks in a row it was negative. And no "Shoot the Moon" for me this week. I am happy.

I'll get my chores done early and then off to bed for me.

:sick:sleep:fever

:manyheart

I made 15 more pumpkin pins last night so my skein was small enough to roll down this morning (+1) :yay. It took forever. My sister is getting an e-bay site set up and she wants me to make some Christmas stuff. I'm going to start wreath pins and stocking after Halloween. I have to go to Michaels to get some plastic rings, red beads and pins. I'll try not to get yarn, but if I do, it'll go on next's week score.

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

Archived