2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dragonpuck, I'm impressed! Your hook must be smoking!

Tia, I'm very impressed! Your afghan is gorgeous, and absolutely huge. I would love something like that in the winter! I'll bet it's very warm.

I busted a skein, so my WTD is +2, and my YTD is -174.

I busted a skein this weekend in the car and close to finishing another skein +2 so far for the week.

I will not buy yarn this week, I will not buy yarn this week, I will not........... :D

Thanks basjordan!

I started another scrapghan today and used a few more balls of yarn. It's going to be one large Granny Square basically, though I modified the design some. I'll post a pic tomorrow and show what I did.

Well, I was out of town and never got to post Saturday, but I finised out at +8.

So far this week I am at a comfortable +4, so off to a good start. I am currently working on a scarf from suede yarn and a cotton cover for my sister's new lap top. I finished 1 skein of cotton last night, and hope that the other 2 I have on hand will be enough to finish it off.

Oooo...appy lover....you just gave me an idea when you mentioned laptop cover. I am using a regular desk for my computer and it doesn't have a keyboard drawer. I should make a cover for the keyboard! :idea

Thanks! :hug

Alright, starting new here. (haven't participated all year)

Last purchase: 6 skeins of simply soft for a baby blanket.

Used 5 skeins of it thus far.

So that makes me -2 as of last Saturday.

I didn't get to post on Sat. so everything I did this weekend will go on this weeks score. I used 1 ball (+ 1) :cheer. Then my neighbor gave me 1 skein (- 2) :( in trade for 2 skeins (+ 4) :clap because she needed different colors. What do I do with something called Claret :think?

WTD Score: + 3

Ellie 13

No Prob Tia--In fact you just made me think about how my printer needs a cover. The thing is always dusty. My sis needs the laptop cover to protect it in her school bag--so I am making one with kitchen cotton and a G hook. The tight stitches are hard on the hands, but she is really excited about it so I guess it is worth it.

I frogged a hat, rolling the yarn into a ball, so I'm counting it as a -1, since I gained a ball of yarn. I also used up two skeins, so that's a +4, netting me a +3 to add to my WTD of +2, so I have a WTD of +5. My husband offered to take me to Hancock Fabrics today, and I said no.

My husband offered to take me to Hancock Fabrics today, and I said no.

OH NO

Someone call a Doctor. We have an ill crocheter :lol

I busted 2 skeins yesterday making dishcloths, so that gives me a +4 for the week so far :D

I busted 2 more skeins finishing the afghan to be donated for my son's HS band silent auction.

+3 +4 = +7

Then a good friend of mine gave 5 skeins for a project she wants me to do.

+7 -10 = -3

That's not how things are supposed to happen when you want a positive score!!! :eek

I must box up the yarn I was giving away, that MissRach wants, and send it off to her.

AHA!! -3 +44 = +41

:yay HOW ABOUT THAT :yay

Archived