2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Okay, if I join this CAL does it mean I have to count all my yarn? Or does it not matter how many skeins I have tucked away in every nook and cranny of my house :lol

I have a serious yarn buying problem, maybe this will help me?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buttercup,

Thank goodness we don't have to count the balls & skeins in our stash(es)! I would never have joined this CAL if we had to do that! As I see it we all start at Week-to-Date (WTD) of zero and Year-to-Date (YTD) zero. Well, I guess if you have yarn purchase receipts and a huge afghan on the couch, you could come up with a 2008 YTD if you wanted. On the other hand, this week is the first week of the rest of your life:D!

Marzee

Stashbusting CAL WTD: 0, YTD: -8

PHEW!!! If I had to count I'd probably get lost in my stash and you'd never see me again :eek It could be the worlds first stash avalanche :lol

Ok ... then I'm at 0 and 0 (for now).

I used a ball on a border for a charity afghan and 2 balls putting squares together (+3). 7 more squares to attach, then a border and I'm done :clap. I've almost got all my stash used up :cheer. I'm down to one big tub crammed full. What will I do when I run out of yarn :think. The thought of it scares me :eek.

WTD Score: + 4

Ellie 13

I've almost got all my stash used up :cheer. I'm down to one big tub crammed full. What will I do when I run out of yarn :think. The thought of it scares me :eek.

Ellie 13

Why, when you run out of yarn, you have room for the new yarn, so you get to go SHOPPING!!!! My problem is I forget to use up the old stuff first. :blush

I have finished a couple of skeins today, so my WTD is +4, and my YTD is -124.

I have finally busted a skein of the baby yarn I am testing out :whew

Plus I used 2 partial skeins making squares.

I have a feeling this will be another negative week for me.

Oh Well, there is always next week :D

I have been so busy with life that I haven't updated for a while. This week I received 44 skeins in the mail -88, a box full of partial skeins from someone local to help with the HAP rectangles - 20 and bought five skeins to do the squares for Team FA during the Ancient Greece games -10 so for this week I am at -118 :eek (so far)

I finished up a skein making booties so that's a +2 for me.

Haven't done a lot of crocheting this week. Too busy getting kids ready for school.

:manyheart

I've been spending the week weaving in ends. Still more to go.

Also worked on learning the Single and Double Base Chains. YouTube rocks:2rock!

So I haven't busted any stash this week. :(

Stashbusting Score:

WTD: 0 YTD: -8

-Marzee

I was talking to a very special frine earlier this week about the greek games and said that I was going to have to buy yarn because I didn't have th eright colors for the FA squares, today I recieved a box with 21 skeins:eek. good thing I have been crocheting the past two days and used a few balls 10 to be exact. So taking them off, I have another - 32 to my total. I decided to stasrt tyhe year over as I bought and used skeins between posting previously and coming back. a -150 WTD

The library closes at 5 PM, so I'm posting my final score now. I used 2 balls, 1 repairing a friends afghan and 1 getting all my squares joined (+2). I'll start the border tonight, it should use up a skien. The weather's been unpredictable most of the week, I've been working in my garden when it's :sun and :crocheting when it's :rain. I hope next week is better, I miss riding my bike to work :(.

WTD Score: +6

Ellie 13

Well I've been doing tunisian that isn't using yarn fast and now started on a filet in thread that is going to be a loooooong time before getting any used up :lol so my score for this week is.....

+1 WTD

I was able to bust through two skeins this week so that cancelled out the two I purchased earlier in the week....I have some running around to do now and I don't believe I will be bustin any skeins before the tallys are done....next skein is a one pounder from Caron yarn :lol

So this week I am happy to report I am at

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Neither positive or negative :devil

Well, you see....

I had to go to the thrift store to drop off my donations...

and, um... while I was there, I had to take a breeze through...

well, I happened to see these BAGS of yarn...

and it had a specific dicontinued brand that my friend has been looking for...

but you see, they were mixed in with all that other yarn,

so.... well..... you all understand why I had to buy ALL the bags?

And would you also agree that when I went to ACMoore and they had RH SOFT for $1.25 clearance and RHSS for 79c clearance, that I just HAD to buy it?

I haven't done a tally yet, but I will. At least I know Bonnie will keep me out of the STM award for a second time. I don't think I bought all THAT much!

I've been busy completing a round ripple and then working on booties to use up yarn.

I'm up 5 more points this week, and before dh gets back, I will try to work on a few more things before the posting time.

Add two more for me. Started making pumpkin booties and they are turning out so cute

DH will be home soon and will probably be on the computer all night.

I will post early.

WTD =+9!

Archived