2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I've been a crocheting fool this week! 2 more skeins hit the dust :yay and 3 became balls :yarn:yarn:yarn added points to score for this week: +13

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go ahead and post my score in case I don't get anymore done so I don't forget.

WTD +2 at least I got out of the -4 hole this week!

I've been crocheting like mad this week though it's hard to tell from my final score...but I worked my way back from a start of -19! I've been crocheting all day and now that I finally got out of the negatives I'm going to give my arm a break.

Final score for the week ending 6/21: WTD +1 YTD +72

I finished up some hot pink yarn making another bonnet, so that's another 2 points to the positive.

I have to see how much I can get done tonight.

:manyheart

Since the only thing I have accomplished this week is to buy more yarn :devil I'm just going to go ahead and post my score for the week:

WTD: -189

Yep ~ you read that right! I have 85 new skeins of yarn in my possesion, and I'm proud of it! :manyheart:yay

From now on, my score is going to be positive and I'm going to dig myself out of this very deep hole!:yes

Busted 2 more skeins today. I"m going out in a little while, so I better post my score now in case I'm out too late tonight and miss the deadline.

WTD: +20

YTD: +166

This week + 20

this year -65

This was a great week because I got to get rid of all that nasty Simply Soft. I have packed off 8 full skeins and 2 partial skeins of that stuff. My apartment feels better already. finished a couple of my little balls as well. I have to get those patterns written up or else :P

:wlol

Since the only thing I have accomplished this week is to buy more yarn :devil I'm just going to go ahead and post my score for the week:

WTD: -189

Yep ~ you read that right! I have 85 new skeins of yarn in my possesion, and I'm proud of it! :manyheart:yay

From now on, my score is going to be positive and I'm going to dig myself out of this very deep hole!:yes

I have every confidence in you. With all that lovely yarn to play with you won't want to leave the house. :lol

I'm expecting great things from you.:hug

:crocheting

I have every confidence in you. With all that lovely yarn to play with you won't want to leave the house. :lol

I'm expecting great things from you.:hug

:crocheting

I'm glad somebody is! :lol

Seriously, I have lots of things planned for Christmas presents! Plus, I have started work on the one that a lady is paying me for! :crocheting I'll start next week on a postive note! :hook

I worked on my basketweave scarf for the county fair. It's in black, so it's hard on the eyes.

I used up another skein tonight, so I will post my score for the week.

WTD=+8 YTD=+106

Here are the weekly scores for the week ending June 21, 2008:

Krazy_Kitty +24 GOLD MEDAL!!!

darski +20 Tied for silver

Dreams of Yarn +20 Tied for silver

basjordan +17

Ellie 13 +14

Itzhunic +13

Legalwoman17 +10

CLLinda +8

slksnell +7

walker1021 +5

hseger +2

lpgeorge123 +2

ldyer1 +2

clocke +2

Schmetterling +1

Needlearts 0

yarncat -11

Krystal16 -20

sahm2g1b -189 - Shoot the Moon!

Congrats to everyone who managed to stay either neutral or in the positives. And mostly congratulations to sahm2g1b for shooting the moon in such an extravagant style! I wish I could see all your new yarn.

Here are the weekly scores for the week ending June 21, 2008:

Krazy_Kitty +24 GOLD MEDAL!!!

darski +20 Tied for silver

Dreams of Yarn +20 Tied for silver

basjordan +17

Ellie 13 +14

Itzhunic +13

Legalwoman17 +10

CLLinda +8

slksnell +7

walker1021 +5

hseger +2

lpgeorge123 +2

ldyer1 +2

clocke +2

Schmetterling +1

Needlearts 0

yarncat -11

Krystal16 -20

sahm2g1b -189 - Shoot the Moon!

Congrats to everyone who managed to stay either neutral or in the positives. And mostly congratulations to sahm2g1b for shooting the moon in such an extravagant style! I wish I could see all your new yarn.

:manyheart:yay:yarn Thank you!!:yarn:hug Thank you!!:yarn:yay:manyheart :cheer:clap

I had lots of fun unpacking it, running my fingers through it, and then hiding it away :devil for future use! :manyheart Now I get to have fun working it up!:hook:crocheting

:yayBeth, if you were here, I'd let you come roll in it, too!!:yay:yes

Now, onto a new week and positive numbers! :yes I plan to be smokin' this week! :crocheting

I would join in but I have a really large cabinet filled with yarn. enough for five years if i crocheted everyday

You can join. The object is to see how much you use up from your stash. You would get lots of points with a huge stash like you described.

I would join in but I have a really large cabinet filled with yarn. enough for five years if i crocheted everyday

Oh, this is not reason to stop! I started the first Stashbusting CAL in 2007, and I've STILL got a huge closet full of yarn that has spilled out into my other closet as well. After a while, SOME of us actually do start using more yarn than buying... sometimes. :blush

Having a stash to start with is actually an advantage in this game. You don't have to count what you have, just what you use (+2 per skein, +1 for ball) or what you bring into your home (-2 per skein, -1 per ball.) So if you have a bunch to use up, you have the opportunity to score well.

That's why I won Shoot the Moon two weeks in a row (not this time, thanks SAHM2G1B!), so I'd have a good starting place to get positive scores!:hook You believe me, right?:devil

Beth you forgot to award yourself the Bronze!!! :D

I'm about to finish another skein.

Oh and Krystal I think it's 14 skeins I had to buy for the free shipping :blush

Hey girls...I'd like to join in again if you'll have me :) I completely checked out for a while once I started working again,,,but I have some baby projects to get going on and thought it would be such fun to join you again..besides, I've missed you. Been checking in and reading a bit, but not posting. Can I come back - pretty please???

Archived