Groove-Along

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not joined this yet, but keeping up with the progress - nice work ladies and

Kim - I absolutely LOVE your circles in square!!!! I am such an autumn color person (and greens) I think it is gorgeous and you are using my favorite yarn!! Manos de Uruguay. I'm gonna have to look some of those colors up. Nice job!!

I've been debating printing the pattern for it, but I think I will now. Thanks!

Hey Groovsters

I have worked on this one project ALL day today . I think I have carpal tunnel in every joint from my shoulders down !!!

I am trying to get it done as soon as possible, and only have 4 more small squares and 2 more medium squares ,then put them on and add the edging .

It has kept my brain busy this weekend . :lol

hi every one

i`ll work on my babette maybe tomorrow

i`ll keep working on the PS today

julie

i`m so glad to see you moving and nearlly done

i wish i can finish my babette quicklly

IKim - I absolutely LOVE your circles in square!!!! I am such an autumn color person (and greens) I think it is gorgeous and you are using my favorite yarn!! Manos de Uruguay. I'm gonna have to look some of those colors up. Nice job!!

I've been debating printing the pattern for it, but I think I will now. Thanks!

Thanks so much Tammy!!:hug Now that I'm getting further along on it I'm really liking the colors more and more. And I adore this yarn! It's the first time I've used it and it's so nice to work with.:yes

You'll love this pattern!

Kim

Oh my gosh, everyone is off to a great start!

Tamara-welcome to the CAL

Clare-your colors are bright and beautiful

Wendy-your blanket is getting huge! I can't believe how much you've done.

Julie-the pink and gray is awesome. It looks so soft, cozy, and fancy

Kim-I can't believe how perfect your squares are. Mine always come out a little lopsided.

Well, I meant to post a picture of mine this weekend, but I kept doing that "just one more square" thing and got carried away. ;) I have about 1/4 of mine done and I'm really loving it. I'll post pics soon.

1.jpg

Started mine. Okay I messed up:blush took out the 4 round square one and then realized if I left the others I could start with Panel 8 and 7 and work from there. I was going to do Panel 10 and then work from there... but this will work out better. Then I can do all the panels excpet 9 and 10 and see how big mine will be from there and go from there.

I'm not cheating, really. I did some 2 round squares and even 3 round squares for another 2 afghans, one that I'll never finish, I don't like it and use it as a lapaghan for myself. The other was the Tetris and I don't know if I want to do that one now, I thought it would be cute but didn't like my diagram (no pattern we had to make our own) and it wasn't working out anyway. So I'll use those squares.

It looks AWFUL....you know where you start a new color.....it leaves such a yucky ugly ..... I don't even know what to call it.....merge??

Look!!! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly!!!! It stickes out like a sore thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh...I'm totally frogging this square and starting over. Somehow I'll have to get to the corner to change colors.....I'm not changing them in the middle of the rows.

UGLY! :angry I hate it! :angry

th_IMGP1183.jpg

Poochie,

When I do mine, I vary the side where I start each new color so that the beginning/end is not in the same place in each row. It seems to hide it well. Another option would be instead of chaining three to begin, only chain two. Sometimes the chains are loser than the ds, therefore look taller, KWIM?

I too join the new color in the corner. I also start the row with ch3 2 dcs in the corner and finish the row with the last 3dcs and then ch 1 and then do a sc to join the row and on that sc I change the color.

Poochie your colors look great. Try the joining in the corner method and you will find it a lot easier.

Debbi great start to the babette.

Poochie there you go, much better, i bet your a lot happier with it and it is easier that way. I do like your colors, how many are you going to use.

Thank you....I'm doing 17 like the pattern calls for......but not the colors they used.

Poochie much better! I counted I have 12 colors so far. I think I might need to go through my stash more or buy some more. I don't have any light blue (I think) so I may pick up one of those. I know it doesn't matter, but I like the many colors used on this.

Debbi

Just thought I'd check in! I have 35 of 136 squares done on my ghan! UGH! Actually it's not that bad but I had to take a break because I ran out of black yarn and believe it or not NOBODY had any Red Heart SS in Black! What the heck? Is there a black shortage? I finally bought a Caron One Pounder in Black. Hopefully black is black is black and it won't make a big difference!

I don't know if I'll have the chance to work on it this week as I just remembered I have one more baby afghan to finish! One of my best friends and his wife are having a baby due in February. So I'm going to hustle and see if I can get this thing done in a week and mailed out to him in time for the arrival! I'll be checking in every so often but I will finish this ghan! I really like the way it's turning out!

P.S. A couple people have asked where I got the pattern for the ghan I'm making? It's called "Retro Afghan" and you can find the link in my siggie!

Poochie if I did the babette again I would use more colors too and just use my scrap yarn. This would have been a great way to get rid of some.

Debbi its nice when your using lots of colors to have the main ones in there.

Donna you have done heaps of squares, cant wait to see your progress. Goodluck on the baby ghan, hope you can get it finished in time.

Clare Im glad about that. Lismore and the area around there certainly got hit hard with the rain. Hows your project coming along.

Im nearly ready to put the next part on my babette.

WOW aussie you are powering along GO YOU GO YOU :cheer

Morning all you groovy chicks and dudes -- here's my finished circle/square afghan ..

th_100_3051.jpg

It's gorgeous!! :cheerI love those colors together. You've inspired me to work even harder on mine so I can get it done!! :yes

Kim

Wow! Julie, it came out beautiful. I love the colors, so pretty. And I'm amazed at how fast you are!

Is this one a keeper? Or are you gifting it to someone special?

Archived