Fluffy Pink Shrug Schematics

mrs who

I've got this printing right now! This will be a nice project to work on while waiting for SPRING! Now I just have to find the perfect yarn to use..... Thanks so much for your instructions, the finished piece looks soooo much more complicated than you make it sound. I sure hope that's tru once I start making mine!

Thanks again!

Tina

EDIT: Ok, I just decided to make this for the Craftster Crochet Olympics! What fun!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hay Lauri... those drawings are way cool. Can you tell me how you did them and how you get them into your post?

And thats some beautiful work you do too. Amazing!

Hay Lauri... those drawings are way cool. Can you tell me how you did them and how you get them into your post?

And thats some beautiful work you do too. Amazing!

LOL. I drew them in Paint Shop Pro (version 6 I think, LOL) and saved them as gifs.

Cool pattern. I've added this to my long list of stuff to make. The list keeps getting longer.:think

So sweet of you to share, the pictures are quite helpful. I have tons of patterns and use them mostly for ideas, don't usually follow them exactly. I cook that way too.

Mine is almost done!! I'm gonna try to finish it this weekend. I might have it done already but I started designing a camisole to wear under it. We'll see how that goes.

That's a great idea. I was wearing my blue one in Costco and my dd noticed a cami in the same color blue, so that was a happy accident. I still don't have a nice closure for it, though. I'm using a plain silver thingy which is supposed to extend too-tight jeans to hold it closed in front! :eek

• 3 weeks later...
I've started one today. I'm using a sc and X crochet pattern that I've made up. Very cute for the body and arms of the shrug!Thank you for posting this!!

I'm using the same sequence. The dc cross stitch and a sc row. I think it's very sharp. What will you be using for the edging?

CroJulee

• 2 weeks later...

Lauri..Thank you so much for generously sharing this pattern.. I have been seeing variations of this all over the place and DD has been dying to get one made for herself.. thanks this will be the first yarn project once we leave the warm months behind

jaishree

Would you please tell me what yarn you used for this shrug. I love the pattern and have made one but I think I used the wrong yarn. The friend who asked for it chose the yarn and I didn't realize how it would work up.

Would you please tell me what yarn you used for this shrug. I love the pattern and have made one but I think I used the wrong yarn. The friend who asked for it chose the yarn and I didn't realize how it would work up.

Bernat Softee baby weight yarn.

i made my daughter's out of red heart WW. then i made me one from caron's simply soft. it is sooo much squishier than the WW. that's what she gets for snatching up the first one.;)

• 4 weeks later...

okay I have a question, when u make this shrug well mines is going to be a pullover shrug and I figured out for the part that is going to go over my head I will make a chain as if I am making a button hole except this will be for a big button(my head). Well what I wanted to know is when u start making the shrug, do u stitch the length of the rectangle which would be the measurement from wrist to wrist or do u stitch from the width of the rectangle?

Well what I wanted to know is when u start making the shrug, do u stitch the length of the rectangle which would be the measurement from wrist to wrist or do u stitch from the width of the rectangle?

shrug2.gif

Begin by chaining an amount for your width, and work until you reach your required length as the graphic above shows.

Question: Could the rectangle be made in the other direction? Meaning instead of from cuff to cuff, from top to bottom or vice versa? Would the end result work out fine still?

Just wondering because some patterns wouldn't look so hot done sideways and this piques my interest. :)

Question: Could the rectangle be made in the other direction? Meaning instead of from cuff to cuff, from top to bottom or vice versa? Would the end result work out fine still?

I don't see why not! :) The basic design is the same! Have you seen my blue one? I worked it from the center back out to each cuff.

Thank you for this beautiful pattern. For the longest time I didn't even look at it. I think I was scared by the word schematics. But you explain it so clearly. I started it today with RH fiesta jewel varigated.

Thanks! No, I hadn't seen your blue one, but now I have. :)

I was 99% sure it wasn't a big deal to turn the pattern sideways if needed, but since I haven't done a wearable in around 10 years I figured it was a good idea to clarify. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived