Warm up America/Crochetville Contest CAL

laughlovehook

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to do some of these I just need to know like when the deadline is.. I have some scans of SS that I can whip some out of... Can someone please give me an idea of what hook size is best for SS because I have noticed it seems to be thiner that ww yarn.

Kristy

Hi all,

Count me in for this project. I love working with warm up America and project linus. I think I'll modify some of the 63 cable crochet blocks and maybe play with the diagnal stitch. Let's see what do I have in my stash:-)

Laura

I'm so excited that we're doing this!! i have a couple skeins of Caron SS, around here, so I'll use those. I'm going to wait until after the football charity challenge to start on this, but then it's on!!!!:cheer:clap

Actually, the rest of my squares from the football charity challenge will go to this cal. I've already made enough squares in the challenge to make my charity lapghan, so I needed a nother source for my squares.

So far, I've only made one for this cal (I only had one square to make this week).

Of course, I needed to do yarn shopping. I had a lot of leftovers in my stash...but none was Caron SS.:bang

I would love to do some of these I just need to know like when the deadline is.. I have some scans of SS that I can whip some out of... Can someone please give me an idea of what hook size is best for SS because I have noticed it seems to be thiner that ww yarn.

Kristy

The deadline for the sections to be at Donna's house is currently April 18th of 2008. So you have 4 months or so to work on these.

Hi all,

Count me in for this project. I love working with warm up America and project linus. I think I'll modify some of the 63 cable crochet blocks and maybe play with the diagnal stitch. Let's see what do I have in my stash:-)

Laura

Try and write down your modifications, then others who have that pattern book, may be able to use them as well.

I have a question .. It looks as thought Simply soft from Caron comes in differnet forms.. I like I just found some simply soft baby twisted... I guess my question is .. As long as the label says Caron and Simply Soft it should be good to go???

Kristy

Another pattern

I don't know what this stitch is called. I have to use an I/5.5 mm hook to get this to come out to be 7" across.

Row 1: Ch 31, dc in 4th ch from hook, *sk 2 chs, 2 dc in next ch, repeat from * across

Row 2: Ch 3, turn, * 2 dc between each 2-dc group, repeat from * across, dc in top of ch-3.

Row 3: Ch 3, turn, 1 dc in first sp, * 2 dc between each 2-dc group, repeat from * across, 2 dc in last sp.

Repeat Rows 2-3 until piece measures 9".

Can someone please give me an idea of what hook size is best for SS because I have noticed it seems to be thiner that ww yarn.
My favorite hook to use with Caron Simply Soft is an H hook, but you should use whatever size hook you need to achieve the correct gauge with the pattern you are using.

I have a question .. It looks as thought Simply soft from Caron comes in differnet forms.. I like I just found some simply soft baby twisted... I guess my question is .. As long as the label says Caron and Simply Soft it should be good to go???
Caron didn't specify that it had to be original Simply Soft, so I would think as long as the label says Caron and Simply Soft it should be just fine. I will check with my contact at Caron to be sure.

You laugh! Those pesky k's snuck into my post after you rank them oukt of your pattkern. Between the fackt that my spacek ba r is wonky and the ks runnk ing amok, im having a tough time typing. argggh!

:rofl:rofl:rofl

You laugh! Those pesky k's snuck into my post after you rank them oukt of your pattkern. Between the fackt that my spacek ba r is wonky and the ks runnk ing amok, im having a tough time typing. argggh!

sounds like the space bar on my laptop you have to read between the lines...or make up new words because my space bar won't space. :yes

Picked up some SS Brights this weekend and will try to squeeze a couple of sections in this weekend. Doubt anything will happen until then though as my head is spinning with all of the stuff I have to do this week.

Sara

Archived