Warm up America/Crochetville Contest CAL

laughlovehook

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol Don't seem to have any of those laying around. Guess I could try to make up one but I can't vouch it well look nice.

Doing a plan double crochet one right now.

Count me in as well. I couldn't find any SS in my ginormous stash. I will go and get some this week. I have a local friend that might be interested in this as well. This is a great project and I'm glad someone deserving will benefit from it. Happy hooking! :hook

Okay, mighty hook-wielding crocheters, let's go!!! I want to see a total, not in the hundreds, but in the thousands of squares!! :crocheting patty
:faint:lol

Donna, If you could keep me updated on how many sections you get, then I can post them in here on the first post. Thanks!:hug
Thanks! I'll be keeping a running total in the other thread, too.

How about patterns other then what is on their website?
I've been working on patterns for a 7x9 granny and a 7x9 solid granny. :crocheting I'm all done with the designs (they make perfect 7x9s, yay! :clap), but just have to type up the patterns. I should have them ready in a couple of days.

I made this up on the fly....this is just a general idea for a pattern. Please feel free to use this for Soften the World pieces.

Ch 34

1) Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 3, turn. (Ch 3 counts as first dc throughout pattern)

2) fpdc in next 3 dc, bpdc in next 3 dc, repeat across to last dc, dc in last dc, ch 3, turn.

3) bpdc in next 3 dc, fpdc in next 3 dc, repeat across to last dc, dc in last dc, ch 3, turn.

Repeat in pattern as established working one dc at each end of row and fpdc in bpdc of previous row, and vice versa until approx 6 inches or so (depending on how loose or tight you crochet)

Finish off with one row of straight dc across. Finish off and weave in ends.

I am working on another one to post. I will post it either later on tonight or tomorrow morning.

:hook:manyheart:hug

I made this up on the fly....this is just a general idea for a pattern. Please feel free to use this for Soften the World pieces.
Thank you for sharing this pattern, Tracy Leigh! :hug

I know I have a ton of Simply Soft hanging around here, whether in my stash or my daughter's stash. I'm going to have to go dig it all out, so I can start making squares after the holidays are over.

This is going to be so much fun!

Another one.....please keep in mind that I am doing these off the top of my head.

Cross stitch = skip one st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st

Ch 32

1) Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 3, turn. (Ch 3 counts as 1st dc now and throughout pattern)

2) Cross stitch across ending with dc at end of row. Ch 3, turn.

3) Dc in each st across. Ch 4, turn. (Ch 4 counts and 1st dc and ch 1)

4) Skip next dc, dc in next st, ch 1...across to end of row ending with dc in last 2 sts. Ch 3, turn.

5) Dc in each st and chacross. Ch 3, turn.

Repeat Rows 2-5 until work measures 7" ending with a solid row of dc.

:hug

Ch 33

1) Dc in 4th ch from hook ( first 3 ch count as dc) and next ch. (Ch 1, sk next ch, dc in next 3 ch) across. Ch 4, turn. (Ch 4 counts as 1st dc and ch 1)

2) (3 dc, ch 1) across to end. Ch 1, dc in last dc. Ch 3, turn.

3) 2 dc in first ch 1 sp. (ch 1, 3 dc in each ch 1 sp across) 2 dc in last ch 1 space, dc in last dc.

Repeat last 2 rows until work measures 7".

I think that's all for tonight.:crocheting

I'm in... I only have a few scraps of SS in my stash leftover from other projects but I can make multicolored sections with them. I could always just go buy more SS yarn too. Anyone know of any good sales on SS going on right now?

Herrschners has the dark green (sage maybe?) for 1.00/skein this week, until they run out. Don't remember if it's the 3oz or 6oz size though.

Or you could order the mill ends from Caron (a lb for 3.49). I "think" they'd honor the SS only request.. better email and ask first though just to be sure.

I am so in, It will something I can do when I don't want to think too much, like when I am in a car on the way to my dautghter's house which is 3 hours from mine. I actually did 3 shell ones yesterday on the drive down here and when I go back on Friday if I get another skein of SS from my daughter I can do 2 or 3 more.

Archived