A really pretty square - no pattern

http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/knitblog/2007/06/pattern.html

I was searching (for something else of course) and came upon this pretty square. it is so pretty and even if she doesn't have the pattern written, many could follow the picture to make this square.

It is just so pretty... I keep saying that don't I :blush

Everyone of the squares are absolutely gorgeous. I can definitely see several blankets being made using up my stash of yarn. If anyone gets the pattern and whether it is free or for sale let me know.

:cheerI made this square in a hurry one day when someone was looking for something similar.

With a little tweaking, it could be the same.

th_100_0423.jpg

Each of the clusters could be a bit fatter.

I dont have time to write out the pattern just now either but maybe in the New Year.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

This square appears to begin with 16 Tr into a ring, with a row of 16 2DC clusters (ch 1), row of 16 3DC clusters (ch2), and then it is divided as if it were a granny square.

I think it is the richness of all those stitches and the colours that makes them so good for the eyes. I see she had to work her way up to putting 3dc on each side of her granny round.

I will have to try one this way to see if it works but I don't have those great colours that she has.

OK, I am not normally a big "crochet square" person. I prefer things I don't have to assemble much, but I am LOVING these squares!!!! They make me want to pick up my crocheting and go to town and make something beautiful! Unfortunately I am at work and cannot do this right now, but tonight when I get home I am going to make it a top priority to go to my craft room and start putting together all of my beautiful colors to make these! I am so excited!

Jules

rsisland - thanks for the close up photo.

It looks as if the last round has 2 TR, ch 1, 2 TR in the corners while the sides are DC.

After I got the square done, I realized that the 2nd row is a row of puff stitches ... oops

My square is about 6 inches and it did seem to square up nicely with just DC on the last round. I used whatever scraps I could grab in a hurry so the colours are not great but it is the beginning of the square...

burst1.jpg

I used WW yarn and a 5mm hook but it seems less dense somehow. That might be because I crochet loosely. :wlol

Oh well. I was hoping we could help her to write out the pattern - she said that is not a skill she has yet.

I wish you could see how vibrant these colours are together. an afghan made in this square in these colours could cure depression. :manyheart

burst2.jpg

gorgeous square. Is that w/ the attempted directions you posted earlier? or did you change them some?

Sandy

gorgeous square. Is that w/ the attempted directions you posted earlier? or did you change them some?

Sandy

For this one, I did the (7 loop) puff stitches on the 2nd row and it is much better than the cluster stitch. Don't know what i was thinking when I did that cluster stitch there when it is so obviously a puff :sigh

Reading the comments on the first link, someone said they found a similar pattern online called Sunburst.

Sunburst Square. If you do the first 4 rounds it might be pretty close to this one. I have not tried it, but it looks pretty close, maybe...

Debbi

I agree; I posted that link further up

... but I still think she used Tr instead of DC for her beginning

I have been using the Tr and it is a very nice effect.

Archived