Classify your stash!

I was joking with some friends up in a CAL and said that my yarn stash is growing to a proportion that it's going to need feeding like the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors".

So, I thought it would be funny if we could find some clever terms to classify your stash!

Is the USPS going to issue it its own zip code soon?

Has it become "Mount Stitchmore"?

Is it like the Gremlins movie where you pour water on it and more little fluff balls start popping up all over the place?

Tell us!

"Hmmm, I gotta think about this one" I say as I pull more rolls of toilet paper out of the closet so I can fit in more skeins of yarn.

well I don't know what to call it yet, but I think it is multiplying when I am not looking. It has taken over the bedroom, and is gradually finding it way into all the other rooms in my home, lol. It even finds it's way into whatever bag I happen to be carrying. I can't go anywhere without it attached to me. It makes me think of that movie "outbreak" where the army is briefing the president and they have one of those screens that has little red dots in one part of the country and it then spreads rapidly to to rest of the country....so I guess I would classify my yarn as an epidemic (but it is one I have no desire to find a cure for. :lol:lol

Mine is like a bunch of Tribbles - they've taken over my huge walk-in closet, every basket in my bedroom, and have now spilled out into the living room.

I'm fairly certain they are planning a coup and will shortly take over the entire house. I fear for my authority as head of the household.

I keep hook and needles close at hand at all times, so in case of mutiny, I can stitch my way to safety.

Mine is like a bunch of Tribbles - they've taken over my huge walk-in closet, every basket in my bedroom, and have now spilled out into the living room.

I'm fairly certain they are planning a coup and will shortly take over the entire house. I fear for my authority as head of the household.

I keep hook and needles close at hand at all times, so in case of mutiny, I can stitch my way to safety.

:rofl

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

well I don't know what to call it yet, but I think it is multiplying when I am not looking. It has taken over the bedroom, and is gradually finding it way into all the other rooms in my home, lol. It even finds it's way into whatever bag I happen to be carrying. I can't go anywhere without it attached to me. It makes me think of that movie "outbreak" where the army is briefing the president and they have one of those screens that has little red dots in one part of the country and it then spreads rapidly to to rest of the country....so I guess I would classify my yarn as an epidemic (but it is one I have no desire to find a cure for. :lol:lol

:haha:haha:laughroll:laughroll

I know that feeling. Mine is doing the same thing.

Mine is "Tubbies Tavern". 5 tubs and a milk crate full. (The milk crate is the line waiting to get in.) I can hear them at night while I am trying to sleep, calling me to join the party. Laughing and giggling and filling my mind with all the great things they can be.

But it's that Red tub that really gets to me, all I hear is some moaning, and when I open it, it appears to have multiplied. Do you think that is the Red Light district?

LOL, that's what I was thinking! The name for mine would be 'The Trouble With Tribbles' from Star Trek....

Kim

you know that ole saying "it is multiplying like bunnies" :wink well that would be mine rigth now. I have just gotten quite a bit of sock yarns and some size 3 threads for things for Christmas gifts. But SAnta I really was a good girl til I didn't like the selsction from my closet for the boys socks and slippers and the stockings I am making for family this year.

Seriously I have been good for a long while and not goten anything but I needed some sock yarn and the size 3 for the gifts.

Oh, my! I have boxes of yarn in my closet, sacks of newly purchased yarn on top of my sewing machine, and several tote bags of WIP's at one end of my couch, on top of the books of patterns I have collected. One small basket has several 'just started' projects that are of various yarns and patterns that I don't have anyplace else to put them. I also have a big box of scraps that I plan to use someday on a scrap afghan for charity. Yep... might have to apply for a zip code!

Archived