Your "Black Friday" purchases

We just recently got back from Joanns. It was really crowded but most crowds were geared towards the fabric and cutting station. So it didn't bother me.

I got some Caron pounders for $4. They were going quick though. Me and a few other ladies bought a ton of it. I got some TLC yarn too.

And I used my 20% off coupon so they were even cheaper! I kept it to a minimum though. I only got about 10 skeins total.

The lines went fast, they had every register open. So it was a nice shopping experience.

Didn't get over to Michael's. The parking lot was too crowded because there is a Target and a Kohls there.

How about you?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwwwwwwwwwww.....I want to experience Black Friday shopping!!!! We don't have that here in Montreal. I was contemplating driving down to Platsburgh today but just couldn't do it. Maybe next year!

I stick to online shopping for the most part! Partly because I live in brooklyn and there aren't really any malls anyway ... I basically look for free shipping specials. Someone from another message board I'm on makes catnip toys and is having a free shipping sale today ... dunno what it is about saving three dollars that makes me spend $30 but so it goes!

I did go to the burbs last weekend to hit Michael's big sale and ended up with way too much yarn :D Don't think i could handle the black friday crowds though.

Oh man, not me! You couldn't pay me enough to get up early or to even go near the mall today! On-line shopping is IMHO a beautiful thing . . . For those that have the courage to brave the shops today, there are some real bargains to be had for sure.

DH and I got up early and got to Joanns at 6:45 this morning. It was totally empty!

I hit the motherload. DH let me fill up the shopping cart TO THE TOP! I don't even know how many skeins I got, but its alot!

There's a pic at my blog of all the yarny goodness.

http://craftychristina.blogspot.com/2007/11/holy-cow-batman.html

criskad: i just read your blog. i didn't have any troubles at all using my coupons. you would think the store manager would have a store meeting with EVERYONE working before they opened and explained about all the different coupons. so everyone would be on the same page.

you got a nice stash today! i got 3 caron pounders. you beat me!

leatte: I've been doing so much Christmas hooking that my stash was really low. I made sure to show hubby just how low it was before we left, LOL! Yeah, you'd think they'd know about the coupons. The girl behind the counter looked all of 12 and like she didn't want to be there. Customer service stinks now-a-days.

I shopped. They had a laptop that I wanted at Wal-Mart, and 1000 count sheets for $19 at Target. Wal-Mart wasn't that bad, but the line just to get in Target stretched to the end of the building. I bet there were at least 500 people waiting to get in at 6 this morning. I got what I wanted and left. You couldn't stir those people with a stick, because they were all hunting the same stuff. I get anxiety attacks being in a crowd, so I really couldn't stay, but I had to have those sheets!

No way!! I stayed home where it was WARM and COZY, BUT I did send my neice to the post office for me to mail out some special envelopes :hook.

Oh and my best friend was going to Sams Club, so I had her pick me up some mini tacos and popcorn shrimp, not bad for supper tonight...:lol

Okay, Okay I took advantage of being ill today...:D...

But I wouldnt have had any money anyways, so I feel good about staying home.

I bought a whole 3 skeins of yarn and my daughter chose a little cow figure.

I hate shopping black friday!!!! I had to work this morning which was bad enough (had to park in the lot in the next shopping strip over). But since we were almost out of milk we hopped in the car and drove the mile we live from ACMoore and I got 2 skeins of patons classic wool for $3.75@ plus got to use a 50% coupon on another skein of yarn to finish making another baby blanket(didn't expect the color to look so good in a granite stitch:)).

Sorry, Im coming from another side of all this. I work at a local department store and dread this day all year. We watch people fight, steal items from other customers, cut in line and well, the list goes on. I tell people this every year - the so called "deals" on black friday are not really retails best. When a store says "lowest prices of the season" it really is - not the day after Thanksgiving. Sure you can find a few items cheaper but not much. Thats why retail stores make so much money on this day. Just be careful out there and be wise to what you are purchasing. Retail works by bringing you in on so called early bird hours, when if fact the deals were the same two weeks ago.

Exactly, Kelly. I was out at 4:30 AM a few years ago to get to Walmart and grab tool boxes. In fact, I had permission to be late to work since I had to grab one for my boss to give her husband. We hooked up the utility trailer, hubby went one way, I went the other and we met up at the checkout. It was insane. Then, the next day; the things we almost killed for were still available...at the same price!

The only thing I went out for today was to go to Target for a twins baby doll set that they had for $30 because I knew it was a great deal, they were the only place selling it and my daughter LOVES my mom's "Arlene and Maureen" stories about herself and her twin sister (which invariable include the phrase "because they were TWINS!!!"). Got a good deal on a robe for Ellie, too.

I could have ordered the baby dolls online, but they couldn't guarantee Christmas delivery, so it was off to the store. But I was there at around 11:30 am, and they had a few left. I'd seen them stacked on above the shelves last week, so I knew they had a ton, and that my Target doesn't get slammed as it is "in the 'hood" so to speak.

I did Black Friday shopping once, then saw that I could get better deals online or in the two weeks prior to Christmas, and swore never to do it again.

I went out around 7am this morning and hit Joanns and AC Moore for yarn. A friend came along and bought some flannel at Joanns and I bought one skein of Angel Hair yarn there for half price. Then I bought 6 skeins of yarn at AC Moore (they were 2 for $1) - 3 skeins of Moda Dea Prima and 3 skeins of Moda Dea Jai Alai Rainbow. That was it :D Stopped at Kohl's to see what they had but the lines were insane so we slowly backed out :lol We heard some people saying they waited in line for two to three hours. There's nothing I want or need that badly!

I was nice to all the sales help I came across - said thank you and smiled at them nicely. I wouldn't want to do their job for anything!! Being nasty doesn't get me anywhere so why bother?? :think

The girl behind the counter looked all of 12 and like she didn't want to be there. Customer service stinks now-a-days.

I couldn't find anything I really wanted (My stash isn't allowed to be too big ;)) in the circulars. I took the morning off just in case. Mom called last night. She wanted a yarn tote that was on sale at AC Moore but she promised it wasn't a doorbuster. So I went at 11:00am. There was hardly any traffic and the lots were almost empty. Once I was there I went to the yarn section. Not the totes in the ad. So I walked the store looking for someone to help. 4 ~ count them FOUR!!! ~ people in the 6 yarn isles had no idea what I was talking about EVEN WITH THE PIC IN THE AD!!! They looked and looked and pointed out the more $$ non-sale items...but not the one I wanted. Finally one said well I guess we didn't get them....and that was the end of it...all 4 walked away...They just didn't want to help...It's sad.:(

I got some Caron Pounders at JoAnns and headed to Roberts, where almost all yarn was 40% off, but apparently they charge highway robbery for their yarn...so I didn't get any. I'll go back to JoAnn's tomorrow. I've got to find some specific yarn for Christmas presents.

My very favorite purchase of my long, tiring day, though, was my long-desired Patons Soy Wool Stripes (SWS). I've never been able to justify buying it at $6 a skein but Michaels had it on sale today for $4.79 and, before 9am, a coupon for 25% off the whole purchase. So finally I have 6 skeins of my lovely SWS in my hands at last!!!! I can hardly wait to try my hand at felting. Maybe after Christmas when all my gift-making is over for a while!

i didn't go to any craftstores but went to walmart where i bought a new vaccum for18.00 reg 100.00:D:D and at lowes i got 2 4cell mag litesor 20.00 total:clap:clapthose are the same flashlite the police use and usually run around 20.00 to 30 each:D

Went to Sears. Got a pub table and 4 stools advertised for $99, regular $259. Then there was a coupon for $10 off so I got it for $89 dollars plus tax. Parking was horrible. Ended up parking at a shopping center across the street from the mall. I went in and got what I planned and got out of there. Too many people and too much traffic for me to stay out there any longer. My stash is overflowing so I stayed away from Michaels too.

I wanted wreath boxes in the Lowe's ad. I went after work, not crowded, still on sale and lots left. I got 2 for my crystal wreaths that lost crystals all year because they were not protected.

Archived