Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Carol, that is upsetting to hear.:hug I have stopped sending made things to relations overseas as I have had that happen to me. Thankfully, so far in Australia I have had no problem. Having said that I have just sent some stuff to friends .... I hope it arrives.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer:cheer:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:cheer:cheer

I have done it!!! :eek Still have quite a few ends to weave but it is finished.

I made it so it can go around my shoulders or I can choose to wear it so it covers my head and shoulders. I like the colours although I cannot seem to capture the true colour on photo. Yesterday I kept making errors and frogging so it is a wonder I have made it!!!

2755581800058018460dZVIJH_th.jpg

2682981360058018460rQgVJY_th.jpg

Ines, the shawl looks great!!:yay

and speaking of weaving in ends...I just showed a neighbor how to do that with a baby blanket I've been talking her though...she likes it over making knots. In fact her 13 YO told her to "wait for Judy, she knows what she's doing" when her mom mentioned maybe getting it over with by knotting the loose ends!

Thanks everyone, :hugIm just glad I have the xmas ripple finished now. I so want to get back to squares and little projects. I do however want to make another ripple to cover that table for year round use, because as soon as xmas is over that ripple will go in the cupboard for next year.

Julie your Cam stories are so cute and whats this about a new idea. What have you got cooking young lady.

Carol so sorry to hear that your package has gone missing. I hope it turns up soon. :hug

Ines your shawl is beautiful, :clapI really like the pattern was it easy to do. It will come in handy when you go overseas.

I guess my next me project is the babette.

Ines, the shawl looks great!!:yay

and speaking of weaving in ends...I just showed a neighbor how to do that with a baby blanket I've been talking her though...she likes it over making knots. In fact her 13 YO told her to "wait for Judy, she knows what she's doing" when her mom mentioned maybe getting it over with by knotting the loose ends!

Yes it sure gives a nicer finish that having knots everywhere doesnt it.:yes

Im glad she waited for you to come over and show her what to do.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Ines, your shawl is gorgeous!

Hi, "Yav" (hope you don't mind the abbreviation...)

C'mon in, the water's fine, as they say. A coat - such a great project! How far along are you on it?

OK, what is a babette???

Thanks for all the good wishes for my package, but I think it is long gone.

I did push myself to do some crocheting today. Playing around with making a checkered afghan of my own design. Need to use up some more of my balls and half skeins. I think I will call it my pick me up afghan, :lol

Can I join this? I have a REALLY gorgeous coat I'm working on.

Hi and welcome Yaviiniia. I think I met you on the 8 pocket tote Cal.:think

You are among some of the greatest ladies in this cal.

Wow, a coat!!! That is really a great project....I never had the courage to make a wearable that big.:crocheting

OK, what is a babette???

Thanks for all the good wishes for my package, but I think it is long gone.

I did push myself to do some crocheting today. Playing around with making a checkered afghan of my own design. Need to use up some more of my balls and half skeins. I think I will call it my pick me up afghan, :lol

Check the "Groove-Along" CAL:lol

Welcome Yaviiniia...the more the better.

Ines

That turned out lovely.

Carol

I am so sorry about your package....cant wait to see your new project.

Wendy

WOW...that is beautiful....that makes a great table cover.What are you working on now...cant remember if you said :think

:ctreeHAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE!!!:ctree

Welcome Yaviiniia

It's always nice to have new people join us, and this is a great group of ladies. You should enjoy yourself a lot getting to know all of them !

I too have put my ME project so far on the back burner-- doggone, I may just have to start a new one .

When am I gonna learn not to start 700 projects at once ????

Ines- I am glad you finished your shawl in time for your trip. It is REALLY pretty !

Good morning ladies!!

Everyone's projects are just beautiful. I haven't read all the posts yet, I am playing catch up on this thread again. I've been working many hours and trying to get everything finished up for Christmas.

Carol, I am so very sorry to hear about the missing package. I hope it turns up for you.

All of the RR's are done except for my oldest son's. I found out he won't be with us on Christmas day, so he will get his (along with my Grandson's) in a few days. Well, I still have a few ends to weave in on a few, then I have to take pictures of them. Since I don't have boxes big enough for them, I bought some colored garbage bags and I will put the RR's in them, close it up with a crocheted tie and a bow. Not very creative, but it will work.

I still have fudge to make today. I was going to make it last night, but I made the mistake of laying down to watch a movie at 6:30, and woke up at 6:30 this morning :eek:eek So, after thinking I would be caught up last night, I'm behind again. I knew the long hours and only about 4 hours of sleep all last week would catch up with me.

Have a great day, and I'll post pictures when I have taken them all.

Mel, after 12 hours of sleep I'll bet you're recharged now!!

And you're right about the RRs....there no box big enough for those babies!!:lol

Enjoy your Christmas!:hug

Mel, after 12 hours of sleep I'll bet you're recharged now!!

And you're right about the RRs....there no box big enough for those babies!!:lol

Enjoy your Christmas!:hug

I'm still tired :eek, but have enough energy to get my first batch of fudge going :lol

You are too funny Julie. :lol Putting projects on the backburner but you've started 900 more just in the last 2 days. :rofl That's what I love about ya. :P You keep me busy. I just got done telling Doa that I went from having one project that was half done to having that & 3 others plus you had one other swishing around. :lol

Archived