Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What kind of doll and size were you making clothes for, please? I am trying to encourage DD to play with her dolls :eek (and not growing up too soon) and was hoping that by making it some new clothes she will play more? I have a lot of knitting patterns, but am looking for some crochet patterns as it would go much quicker. :hook

It is one of the older lot's to love dolls, with my ruler it measures 13 1/2 inches. I couldn't find any patterns for it, only ready made stuff to buy, soooo, I made up my own and with the one pattern I did find, I had to make it wider and shorter. Sorry that wasn't much help, I know, but I was going nuts trying to find something that would fit the dolls fat belly and short limbs.

I didn't write anything down, just sort of trial and error stuff, will post pics in the show and tell section.

Here is a picture of it.

th_ChristmasTwilight1.jpg

clickable

Here is the one I finished this weekend. This is how the pattern was going to be originally (different color of yarn, of course).

th_ChristmasSageMary2.jpg

clickable

Both are gorgeous Mel. :manyheart Great job! :cheerI really love the variegated colors on both. :clap I've never seen the twilight one around here. Is it RH or another brand? :yarn *DOH* Nevermind, I just saw that you wrote the brand on the picture. :lol

I finally finished a project! Made SarahJane a custom fit sweater last night, and all it needs are some buttons on the neck and tummyband. It's bright yellow so it will be easier to find her in the dark.

:yay:yay:yay:yay

I finally finished a project! Made SarahJane a custom fit sweater last night, and all it needs are some buttons on the neck and tummyband. It's bright yellow so it will be easier to find her in the dark.

Hooray!! :yay :yay No more nekkid shnauzer :yay:lol

Kathy, glad to hear you got SarahJane's coat done. I'm sure she will appreciate the warmness of it.

Thank you ladies for the kind words about the RR's. I have a ways to go on the twilight, then have to get my Son and Grandson's done. I have a feeling I will be crocheting up till the last minute.

Time to grab my :hook and get :crocheting

Thank you ladies for the kind words about the RR's. I have a ways to go on the twilight, then have to get my Son and Grandson's done. I have a feeling I will be crocheting up till the last minute.

Time to grab my :hook and get :crocheting

I'm with you, Mel. I think I'll be crocheting and/or sewing together saltines right up until the last minute, too. :hook

Ines

That is so pretty...another one to add to my list :blush

Mel

I really like the frist one and the way its coming out.

Kathy

Now she wont be so cold :wbrr

I have done good today...i got 6 rows done on my"wave" anddddd i dug out my Around the world now that my Grandbabie has gone home....Now to start working on it again and get it done for Christmas for my DH :cheer

Mel your ripples look great, I cant really see what was wrong.

Kathy congrats on finishing sarah janes coat. She will certainly be nice and warm now when she goes outside and you will be able to see her.

I havent done anymore on my xmas ripple or my zebra brite ripple as Im trying to finish the blended ripple. Im on the last row and I decided to just do one more row with the same stitches, I found it too complicated to put a border on it. Its looking quite good although I might go down a size in hook for the next one.

hello everyone

i missed you all :hug

i really didn`t work on anything for being busy with my study and new home

ofcaurse now i`m in mom`s home thats why i`m chatting with you cause my home has no phone line yet

i`m planning on an afghan for my self and don`t know which pattern to choose and the granny ripple (the ones wendy and krystal are doing) are absolutlly wonderfull and they are encourges me but i don`t know if they are working with the length or wedth for the starting chain :think

can you answer me WENDY and KRYSTAL pleaaaaaase???? :D

i have to finish some stuff for DH and 2 SIL

i`ll buy yarn for mom`s bedspread while i`m working on mine :think

all the photos are soooooooo amazing

and again i missed you all :grouphug

Athba my starting chain on my granny ripple was going to be the width but now I have changed my mind and its going to be the length of the ripple and now its just a matter of how wide I want to make it. Its to go on a camphor chest. You can use the pattern either way. Not sure if I have answered your question or not.

Athba and Judy thankyou.

Athba I think I started with 210 chains for my granny ripple. thats what the pattern says but not sure if I went to that amount or made it a bit shorter.

Im going to do the granny squares in my zebra brite ripple. It sure will be interesting.

Archived