Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

wendy

the granny hexagons of your afghan pattern works out quicklly and turn beautiful

i made 4 and i think i`ll make 8half-motifs of it to match them for a tote and i`ll complete the tote with black yarn

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning ladies, to all the old and new !

Good to see so much action in here, although I havent been good at keeping up with it all.

To those who say they don't have anything in their house for themselves, I think almost all crocheters tend to be that way, we make stuff to give to others. I have nothing I made .

I have the afghan that several of you ladies participated in making, but have nothing i made .

Sam has a grey afghan in his truck that I made for him to keep in there in case he or anyone else ever needs it, but that's it .

I have been working hard this week on my flower-garden ghan and it's looking pretty I think. I will post a photo tomorrow . :)

You all have a good day today .

Greetings to all. I enjoyed seeing everyone's work. I have lost myself on this thread ... everytime I return there are so many pages to read!!!

I have been progressing with my Granny and will post a photo on Friday. I am finding that as I am using blue for the background I am somewhat limited with the colours I use for the flowers.

Morning, hello everyone. There are really good ideas in here for ME things. The only thing I have that I have made is a double bed blanket, just a big granny square made from leftovers. DD has that on her bed at the moment until she gets one. I still have started the Casa, but still need to get the yarn for it. :)

Shine, welcome!! What "girly" colors are you using for your ghan?

...and what's your first name??

Tab - tough love...you're good at that, I think! And it does seem that kids ALWAYS have to learn the hard way.

Linda - good to see you chime in here:yay . We'll be here whenever you start YOUR project.

Mel, that's a great idea for the P&C yarn...and like you, Carol, and most of us here, after over 30 years of :hook I have a small handfull of things I've made and KEPT!

Valerie, I never thought to ask you (senior moment, forgetting you DO work for CVS!) - but I know Kathy would be thrilled to have a batch of discounted products to add to the donations box next time.

Thank you:hug

Morning ladies :flower

Well, my messenger bag isn't gonna happen just yet :no Didn't realize it took boucle or chunky yarn. Don't have either on hand and after all that Vanna's Choice I bought last week my yarn money jar is empty :lol So I'll start my blankie today :D

I've got 35 years hooking experience too. But I actually have several things here that I made. Of course, they're not mine. I have a hubby that loves crochet goodies so he has scarves and hats and pillows and ghans but I only have one quilt and a handful of dishcloths. :lol

I've got about 50 years of crocheting and have a handful of things that I've actually kept for myself. I've got a ripple afghan that I did for a king size bed many, many years ago; a short sleeved sweater; a matching hat and scarf set; and a few thread doilies. That's about it. I've got a few other things that I knit for myself, too.

I tried starting the the Shelly scarf yesterday using the ribbon yarn, but frogged it. It just looked muddy. Then I tried it using Bernat Boa, but frogged it, too, because I coulded find the stitches. I've started it again this morning using a combination of the Boa and RH Soft. It doesn't show off the pattern terribly well, but I think I like it anyway. I'm going to keep going for a bit and see how I like it as it progresses. It'll be something to give me a break from saltines.

The pattern is here: http://www.crochetme.com/shelly#comment

Hi to everyone just joining us, glad to meet you. Just checking in before I run to PO and a few other spots. I made it to row 19 on my glan, only 93 more rows to go...:lol. I'm counting on you guys to keep me motivated, or I will wind up drifting off to do something else...

I am glad I am not the only one afflicted with the giveawayitis thing, maybe it is something in the yarn...:think

Oh boy, never got to leave, saw the link to Linda Ts scarf, and now I have another one to add to my list. I will never be leaving this Thread !!!

BTW, I made a boo-boo when I said how many things I kept for myself, I forgot my furry flower hat. I think I look like a clown in it but folks keep complimenting me on it, so I keep wearing it...

I've only been crocheting about 6 months and have found that I have given away almost everything I've made, and the stuff I haven't, I'm still looking for a home for! Glad to hear this is 'normal'...:)

I frogged my Scallop Wrap and am going to start over today....the yarn I bought for it is a lighter weight than the pattern calls for and it was coming out too 'loose'.:( Meanwhile, I finished a poncho I was making. It's the Hiawatha Poncho pattern from http://www.stitchdiva.com I really like how it turned out. I used a Tibetan wool from the Himalayan Yarn Co and it was totaly cool to work with. It is a rough textured wool with bits of old silk spun into it (plus the occasional piece of straw or hay...) I'll post pics on Friday. I may even keep this one for myself! :yes

Kim

Kim, definitely keep the poncho for yourself;) !

Cara, what about just 2 strands of RH for your messenger bag?

Linda, I've seen that scarf pattern beofre....love it, though haven;t made one yet.

Judy - Yeah I tried that but that was way too hard on my hands :( I'll pick up some Jiffy next month :yes I'll just stick to the blanket for now. Think I finally have it figured out now :hook Sometimes it's hard to whittle the colors down. I wanna sleep with this blanket so I don't want it so loud it keeps me awake :lol

Judy - Yeah I tried that but that was way too hard on my hands :( I'll pick up some Jiffy next month :yes I'll just stick to the blanket for now. Think I finally have it figured out now :hook Sometimes it's hard to whittle the colors down. I wanna sleep with this blanket so I don't want it so loud it keeps me awake :lol

I guessed you might have tried the 2 strands...thought I'd mention it anyway. Sorry you can't do it:(

Hmmm, maybe my blankie will be too loud for my bed, too - might need to keep it downstairs in my little all-purpose room... Could be I should make either linda's purple and green ghan (saltines:eek ) or use the purple I was gifted and make a 3SUB! That would be fast. I do love the purples :c9

Decisions, decisions!

Back to my comfortghan -it's square-joining time!

See y'all later:hug

Cara the designer of the bag also said 2 strands of sport weight would work. I'm going to attempt to use the Homespun on it. I love that yarn but it's kind of hard to see the stitches to work with it. :)

The messenger bag is going to be my Tuesday project :D I'll get to start on it as soon as I get all my loose ends done this week.

Julie Kay...who you callin old? That's gently aged, thank you very much!

Still haven't worked on the socks, the sockalong is delayed a week, due to illness, so I've been reading. Finished a rental book around 3am, and still couldn't sleep thanks to a rude bed partner. Who would think 12.2 lbs of dog could hog a whole double bed? Apparently SarahJane likes to stretch out...sideways. I kept putting her long ways on the bed, and she'd move back across. Luckily she can go back in the crate tonight as her Elizabethan collar is coming off.

Kathy, our Sparkie never got the memo about sleeping LENGTHWISE on the bed, either!:lol :lol

Did you get to WW yesterday? I'll wait till next week - want to get my monthly weigh in over with that day, too!

Who would think 12.2 lbs of dog could hog a whole double bed? Apparently SarahJane likes to stretch out...sideways. I kept putting her long ways on the bed, and she'd move back across. Luckily she can go back in the crate tonight as her Elizabethan collar is coming off.

:lol If a 7 pound cat can do it SarahJane should have no problems :lol

Good luck getting her back in that crate :yes

Judy - Oh good grief if something as big as Sparkie started doing that I think I'd just give up and sleep and the foot of the bed :lol

:lol If a 7 pound cat can do it SarahJane should have no problems :lol

Good luck getting her back in that crate :yes

Judy - Oh good grief if something as big as Sparkie started doing that I think I'd just give up and sleep and the foot of the bed :lol

I tried that once...to see what he would do.

He never moved:lol

At least he doesn;t stay on the (king-size) bed very long. He loves sprawling out in the middle of the floor for hours before he finds one of the two blankies I have for him on the floor and curls into what I call "snow-dog" position: nose tucked into his tail.

He snores sometimes, too - I get stereo...Sparkie and Phil:lol :lol :lol

Megan that shawl is looking great!

Isn't it awful how we spoil them? :lol We always joke that the cats have their own room with a king size bed and an electric blanket. It's the guest room really but the blanket does stay turned on for them and Misa loves it :lol DHs mom asked me shortly after we bought this house what style I was decorating it in and, without missing a beat, hubby goes, "Cat Toys" :rofl

Archived