I'm the luckiest girl!

Maybe it's just the "newly back from the Sandbox and I want to please my wife" mindset, but my husband actually asked me yesterday if I needed more yarn! :eek And then he took me shopping for it! :manyheart

Now, keep in mind that I actually felt it necessary to warn him before he came home that yarn had pretty much taken over the house, that I'd formed an addiction to yarn and crochet, and that I didn't want him to be shocked when he got back. Did I *need* more yarn?..well, need is such a strong word. :D But I sure as heck wasn't going to turn him down.

And to think, today is his birthday, not mine. *sigh* I'm such a lucky girl.

Hang onto him girl. He truly does know how to please his wife. Now please do something so special for his irthday that he'll never forget it.

I am trying to think of something fabulous. I really wasn't expecting him back before his b-day. Suggestions??

Does he have a brother! LOL :devil

Wish I could say yes for you. He only has one sibling, a sister. As for me, I don't know what I ever did to deserve him, but I'd like to keep doing it. :manyheart

Maybe my age is showing. What does it mean to be newly back from the Sandbox?

The Sandbox is the general term used for any deployment area in the Middle East. My DH is a soldier and he just returned from a 15 month deployment. Soooo happy to have him safely back home. :yay

i am sure at this point his favorite home cooked meal and a good comedy dvd would be a great treat and maybe his fav slippers and to share time with the family...glad his is home and hope you get some great stuff to add to your stash

Actually offered to get you yarn? Wow!

Make a nice home cooked dinner, and I'm sure you could think of some late night entertainment.

Real Deal

Hate to drag the discussion down a level but this might be the place for one of those crocheted thong thingys. ...Just to show him that crochet has many facets to be enjoyed.

I am so very grateful that your hubby served and protected us. Please give him an extra :hug from a thankful Canuck.

That is so sweet!

My boyfriend usually helps me pick colours for the things I make, and helps me with other little bits and pieces. He designed the hair on a pony I just made (In the Misc crochet show and tell).

Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions. Turned out he wanted to go to his favorite Thai restaurant for dinner. (He made a list while he was gone of places he wanted to eat when he came home.) The evening went wonderfully and turned his mood around from the very frustrating day he'd had.

Darski: I might have to try your suggestion. That would definitely catch his attention. :devil

I will pass along your birthday wishes and thanks. It's great for him to hear that what they do is appreciated. I'm so very proud of him. Brightest blessings to you all.

Archived