Completed magic ball granny

mamarose22

Wow that is really wonderful. Your magic ball concept has me so intrigued that I am making a magic ball from sock yarn. I am not tying knots however but doing the Russian join instead knots do not work well in socks.

"Just because my lips aren't moving doesn't mean I'm not counting shh!"

Yes, I tie knots. I could probably make Russian knots (although I have never done them) but I think it would be very time consuming when you are working with so many small pieces of yarn. If you are using 3.5 oz or larger, hanks of yarn, I could see doing the Russian join, but not on a magic ball.

The completed magic ball granny has already been turned in to a crafts group I belong to. It will be donated to Linus along with some other afghan & quilts that some of our other members have donated. This is an ongoing community service project we have going.

I will not be signed on for several weeks as I will be having surgery this week and then a couple of weeks at rehab. I'll play catchup when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering how this concept would work with other afghans, like those round ripples everyone seems to always be doing, or even a basic rectangular ripple, or granny ripple (my new favorite pattern)?

Archived