I always lose my needle..

GAAHH!!! i am forever misplacing my yarn needle.. I just used it too.. it's soo annoying, i have to go and buy another one or I can't stitch my blanket together.. grumble.

I have bought numerous needles. I kept losing mine too. I now keep a needle with my hooks. I thread a long piece of yarn onto it, so I can find it easier.

I have a needle with each set of hooks, and I keep a spare in one of my dresser drawers. I also have one with my beads and beading supplies. If I lose all of those, that means I need to take a break :lol:lol

I even made a tool pouch so I could have it there.. but when i used it last it was late at night and I was too tired to put it away properly.. I should buy stock in the factory, so I can get some kind of return on my purchases.. lol

I usually have this problem when I am working on something and have to put the needle down for a moment. Then I can't find it again. Sooooo... since I use a music stand to hold my pattern books while I work and I happened to have some of that magnetic tape stuff for fridgies I took a small piece of the tape and stuck it to the underside of the book tray of the stand. Now I can just stick my needle to the magnet and it doesn't go anyplace!

I keep a metal one and a bright green plastic one in with my safety pins. The bright green plastic one was a freebie included in one of those JoAnn's felt kits. I actually have several of them but I don't know where they all are! So one metal and one bright green are always in with the safety pins!

i had that problem for awhile. then one fine day i was in walmart perusing the craft dept. in the quilting supply section they had magnetic needle boxes. i bought 2. one for home and one for the car. now i always know where they are, cause i keep them in my hook case. :) HTH!

Oh, I feel for you. I have lots of yarn needles. But I have my favorite one which is the only one I'll use. I have a little zippered case that I keep my crochet tools in (hook, scissors, needle, tape measure, pencil). But there has been a couple times that I've misplaced that little needle. I've gone almost crazy finding it again. :eek

As if me losing my needles wasn't enough, my 10yo occasionally does plastic canvas and has been leaving them around, forgetting to put them away. I did find a needle the hard way once...luckily, I stepped on the eye, and not too heavily!

Sally

I think all of us know this feeling. I just took a lesson from my mother; she uses a magnetic pin cusion (the ones used for holding sewing pins) and keeps needles on that. So, any magnetic surface would work.

I have mine on a kilt pin (and another on a diaper pin). Same idea, but it's always right there pinned to the canvas bag all my crochet hooks live in. When I unpin the needle to use it I pin the pin on my sleeve as a reminder not to forget to replace it ... otherwise I'll lose it for sure!

Now, MY problem is that I am always misplacing the crochet hook right in the middle of a project. I swear I put it on the thread ball and darned if I don't find it's come up missing 30 seconds later.

:P

I lose mine in the couch!!!

me too and when my husband asked me where all my needles have gone i told him i assumed into the couch in which he firmly told me the couch is not a pin cushion. but i still do it anyways, when hes not looking :devil .

me too and when my husband asked me where all my needles have gone i told him i assumed into the couch in which he firmly told me the couch is not a pin cushion. but i still do it anyways, when hes not looking :devil .

Heehee...my mom used to do that (and I think she still does :eek). I have "found" several of her needles the hard way. Ouch!:headache

When we moved last year I couldn't for the life of me find my needles (I kept them in the package they came in and had a habit of putting it in the same spot on my bookshelf when I was done with it). SO I bought a new package (with two needles) and of course I soon afterwards found the original pair (and since have lost the new ones again :sigh ).

I lose mine in the couch!!!

OUCH!:eek

I use a small plastic tube that had some candies in it to hold all my smallish crochet supplies like needles, safty pins (I use them as stitch markers), and even my few steel hooks. They are all over the place in stores now....especially with Halloween on the way!

I constantly loose mine. Even if I haven't even opened them and they are still in the package! Thankfully, I repurposed a rubbermaid container for all my crochet hooks and notions, so they live in there now and on the nightstands.... and on the computer table....

Now, my only issue is that I constantly lose my scissors. I have about 5 pairs at home because of this! You'd think it'd be harder to lose a giant pair of scissors than a tiny yarn needle but... well...

I have a small rectangular tin that I keep my clover hooks in, and other essentials (folding scissors, stitch markers, tape measure, etc) In the lid, I have a small round magnet that my yarn needles cling to.

When I was doing a lot of needlepoint, I had taken a triangular piece of plastic canvas, stitched it in worsted weight yarn, and hung that on a lanyard that went around my neck. I kept my needles in the plastic canvas 'pincushion'. I also had a small scissors on the lanyard as well. Might dig it out to use with my crochet projects!

Ruth

Archived