Dishcloths galore

OzRebel

I've been making dishcloths to give a co-worker who is getting married. I hear everyone rave about how great they are, but have yet to keep one! I also went to a local mosaic shop and made her a trivet with kitchen themed pieces of plate pieces that turned out really cute. Her bridal shower is this week... hope she likes them! (Need to post a pic of the mosaic... will do that in a few minutes)

DSCF1179.jpg

DSCF1181.jpg

Thos are reallt pretty and i am sure she will Love them...Nothing like something handmade !! I love receiving handmade things...

Can't wait to see the mosaic sounds really pretty!!

Karen

They're all great and I love the mosaic!!! Oh no... I don't need another hobby... that is just too cool. I love it. (Is it hard to do? Do you have to touch the cement stuff?)

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Are crocheted dishcloths big in America? I have found a number of patterns on the internet, but they aren't common in Oz. Do they work well? Love the look of them anyway. Dianne

Are crocheted dishcloths big in America? I have found a number of patterns on the internet, but they aren't common in Oz. Do they work well? Love the look of them anyway. Dianne

I have yet to use one of them as I keep giving them away, but everyone that has used crocheted/knitted ones swears that once you've used one you'll never buy another store dishcloth again. Now I showed some co-workers another one I'd just finished at work last night and their comment was "well, you know she'll never use it... it's too pretty". I plan to lecture her sternly that I didn't spend hors crocheting these for her to look at!

Tina - Mosaic is a lot of fun! It is very relaxing to do too! You spend one day gluing the pieces to whatever you are making then wait 48 hrs (or longer) then put the grout in the cracks (you have to wear rubber gloves as it will "burn" your skin just like wet cement will).

Archived