The yarn you miss the most

It never fails, by the time you find that wonderful yarn you like, some bozo discontinues it.

For me, it's Red Heart Super Saver in Gumdrop. It was such a great combination of colors. I know that Red Heart has some other Gumdrop now, pompadour or something, but it's not the same colors i liked.:no

I watch out on Ebay to see if someone by some slim chance puts some up for sale, but nothing. I think my only solution is to take the one skein i have left, compare it to solid skeins and 'create' my own gumdrop.

What's the yarn you miss the most?

I miss the old variegated colours! It seems like the yarn folks used to have such great variegateds - all bright colours and ombres - and now the variegateds are all so boring and monotone. (And if they arent monotone, the colours schemes are just too "candy" for me... does that make sense?) I constantly hunt eBay looking for the older variegated yarns with bright funky colours.

And, as sad as I may be for missing them, I wish you could still find good golds, rusts and avocado greens! Come on now, sometimes a girl just wants to throwback to the 70s! :lol

Also, Red Heart Jeweltones is a good yarn. Its sparkly like Dazzleaire, but easier to frog.

Ohhh the goldtones and rust, Red Heart has some of them in their colors maybe they'll come back with new names, however the yarn quality needs to get better

I would also like to comment on the variegated yarns, I would like the yarn companies to make them like they use to, where you can actually get a few stitches of a color instead of "flecks" of colors so when you crochet sometimes the design looks wonky

PS Forgot about the jeweltones, when my employer closed their warehouse - they had a warehouse sale and I purchased a lot of that yarn. :manyheart Thanks for the memory

• 2 months later...

I received several skeins of off-white Dazzleaire from someone at Freecycle, which is sometimes a wonderful source for unused yarn. I've 'offered' items, then 'wanted' there for unused acrylic yarn to make for donations, and all in all have received some great yarn :ty

Archived