The yarn you miss the most

I tried emailing Caron once to ask what I could substitute in a pattern that called for Dazzleaire.. and all I got back was a snippy "Dazzleaire has been discontinued". DUH!! I knew that.

This thread has inspired me... I have a small supply of dazzleaire, not enough of anyone color or ombre to do anything. I'm slowly slowly letting it go on eBay. But it's hard... I don't like to sell my yarn.. it's mine, all mine..... hehehhehehehheheeeeee

I tried emailing Caron once to ask what I could substitute in a pattern that called for Dazzleaire.. and all I got back was a snippy "Dazzleaire has been discontinued". DUH!! I knew that.

I was just reading this post and saw this...I have to say that Caron has some of the poorest customer service out of any yarn company that I have ever dealt with!

I wish I would have known what a premium dazzleaire was at before I got rid of it! My grandma and my hubbys grandma gave me a TON of it and I hated working with it so much I gave it away!

I too liked the mainstays brand...I have a couple of skeins of dazzelaire that I was given and I think one or two that were thrift store finds. I haven't been crocheting that long, didn't realize it was so popular. I also have some sayelle that was a Lion brand product. My mom bought it for me at a flea market, I have been using it as the trim color in my rr's. It is really soft and feels like it is elastic and stretchy. I can tell by looking at it that it is not something I am gonna find in wal-mart.:( So I guess I should slow down on using it, ration it out,lol.

Our local Michaels got to where they clearanced the white and offwhite sayelle at 50cents a skein. I'm so mad that I didn't go and buy a couple dozen gross of them.

I haven't been "re" crocheting for very long, so I don't "miss" anything. When I first learned years ago, my momma taught me to crochet with Red Heart yarn and Boye hooks, which was all you could get in my small town.

I would like to know what the Terryspun looked and felt like, though.

• 6 months later...

i dont remember the name but about 10 yrs ago there was this great varigated

purple/white/blue-ish.. from red heart ( i think?)

i LOVED those colors and wish i could find it.

then there was this white sport yarn that had a pearly strand in it (i aslo remember it in purple).. i loved that too.

And whats with all the blah christmas yarns now?

i think i miss the fun holiday yarns the most.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived