Pattern Addict

Ok, so I just realized I have a problem... I'm addicted to patterns! Holy cow, I have tons! I have binders and boxes, and piles on my desk, and saved files on my computer, and scribbled notes, and OY! PATTERNS! :eek I couldnt possibly make even a fraction of all these things, even if I lived to 100 years old!

And here I am getting all antsy for the new Interweave Crochet to come out! I think I'm a lost cause!

My pattern addiction has outgrown my yarn addiction, I think. Anyone else in the same boat?

:blush :blush I must confess, I am addicted to patterns also. At last count I

had 18 x-large binders full, 3 boxes, over 1000 patterns on my computer

at home and over 200 on my computer at work. In the last 2 weeks, I

figure I spent about 150.00 on patterns from ebay. my problem is the same as yours, and I think I have duplicates, but I have too many patterns to find them.:blush :blush

Call me sheepish, my hubby is having fits:angry !!

Yep! Ebay is definately somewhere my DH wishes I never descovered and now that I have figured out paypal I purchase lots of older patterns from a lady in the states who saves the auctions until I have an evelope full and posts them to me. I have not another inch of space for anymore patterns and yet I'm still winning some.

Patterns? :manyheart I have way too many to even make a fraction of them in one lifetime! Part of the problem is that I enjoy too many different crafts, knitting,:knit quilting and cross stitch to name a few. I have several binders full plus shelves full of books!

Ok, so I just realized I have a problem... I'm addicted to patterns! Holy cow, I have tons! I have binders and boxes, and piles on my desk, and saved files on my computer, and scribbled notes, and OY! PATTERNS! :eek I couldnt possibly make even a fraction of all these things, even if I lived to 100 years old!

And here I am getting all antsy for the new Interweave Crochet to come out! I think I'm a lost cause!

My pattern addiction has outgrown my yarn addiction, I think. Anyone else in the same boat?

HAHAHA right behind ya Jen you have seen my yarn and pattern stash around my house maybe even some of mine is now yours lol.

HAHAHA right behind ya Jen you have seen my yarn and pattern stash around my house maybe even some of mine is now yours lol.

Oh yeah, some of yours are now some of mine! Someday, hopefully, I'll get to return the favor! :lol

And you know what else? Its dangerous to even start looking at the patterns now! I was going through afghan patterns a while ago, to find some nice patterns for Xmas gifts, and I start doing the whole "oh, I should definately make this one... and this one... oh, I have this yarn already!... and this one... " and now I dont even know where to begin! :lol

Well, I guess I will confess too:lol

It is bad enough with crochet.

Well, I knit, sew , quilt , counted cross stitch. Hand emboridery Play the piano,(which i haven't in a while)

I am addicted to Goose berrys' cook books

You should see my collection, I don't know why I do it?:no

It is heaps and heaps.. and I don't want to throw anything away

Hubby is getting mad at me.:eek:(

We are soon going to build our retirement home,

I have to stop this,

Is there any help? :lol

Let me know.:yes Pinkroses

And here I though I was the only one. My DH had to build me a built-in bookcase at the end of one of our hallways that goes from the floor to ceiling. It is already overflowing and then there is the computer files and the stashed magazines, and the magazine subscriptions that are still in effect!!! It can still be pretty overwhelming when I am ready to start a new project. I look through tons of magazines for days until I have a pile picked out and then I make one of my kids pick one because I can never make up my mind!! I have also been collecting cross stitch patterns that I like to make graghgans with!!

Yup. Between the crochet, crossstitch and rubber stamping I need a new house. I used to own a craft shop so you can imagine what I had till I decided to get rid of the stuff I didn't do anymore.

I have been collecting crochet patterns since the 60's and made a mistake and got rid of alot of old ones. Now I wish I had them. Oh well.

Marcia

Well, I guess I am a memeber of this club also. Everytime my DH hears the computer printer going, he says not another pattern, where is that going to go. :D

He was really surprised when my last win from ebay came in. It had a crochet pattern book for me and a knitting pattern book for him. As long as I keep finding knitting pattens for him, I can keep collecting crochet patterns for me.:manyheart:hook

If I let myself go, I know I'd have thousands too! Right now, with young ones around my time is limited but I know that once I get more time...watch out! I do have a bunch on file though and wish i could make them all!!

Ok, I've been thnking about this post all day long...and my earlier post has been bugging me! I responded to this addict question by saying I don't have the time now to be addicted to this but the truth of the matter is...I really want to be!! I am going to find the time to collect patterns...lots of them...I love looking for them and have some stored on the computer and in a file cabinet but I am going to get myself a binder this week and start printing and collecting! If I keep waiting until "I have time" it may never happen! Thanks for tempting me!!:eek:jumpyay

Hi I am Chrissy and I am a pattern addict as well.:lol I have 8 1 inch binders busting at the seams and two milk crates of crochet patterns. I have three folders on my computer at work and a well organised folder on my home PC.:eek But my pattern addiction is not just crochet, I have two milk crates of cross stitch pattern books and two milk crates of plastic canvas pattern books.:blush I am well and truly addicted because daily i search :ebay , Etsy, cpc , free patterns.com and epatterns central as well as Crafters choice book club and every possible web site for new and exciting patterns. Is there a support group for us pattern junkies. I t is so bad the girls at work are enabling me by clueing me in to patterns they have seen online as well.

Should we start a Pattern Addiction support group? Sounds like it may be necessary.

At the beginning of this year, I swore I WOULD NOT acquire any more patterns. That lasted for a couple months. Hey, I tried. But at work, when I would take a break, I would per-ruse the net for crochet stuff. Always coming back to patterns. Now I not only have patterns lying around every where at home, but I also have some stashed in my drawers at work! If my boss only knew...lol

I too am a pattern addict. I recently went to a yard sale. The family was getting ready to sell the home of their deceased mother. She was a crochet pattern addict. I am the proud owner of her collection in addition to the HUGE collection I already have.

Crochet patterns are the first thing I look for at garage sales, yard sales and thrift stores. I have been collecting patterns since before the internet.

Guess what I started doing when I first went online way back when? My starting page is Annies Attic Free Pattern of the Day!!!

Sheryl

Archived