Butterfly Shawl

Noreen Crone-Findlay

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You designed the pattern? Cool :) I bought that copy of Knit1 just so I could make that shawl. It's still in my "one day" pile but I love it.

Awesome job on the shawl for you daughter. It looks lovely on her. :manyheart

This is one of the most beautiful shawls I have seen, and I must admit it bought a tear to my eye when I read the story of how you lovingly made it.

Congratulations, I am sure it will be treasured and passed down for years to come.

She looks fabulous. The shawl was a wonderful piece to go with her dress!

I know I get loads of compliments each time I wear the one I made in the CAL!

Now how did your son's wedding turn out? Or has that happened yet? Weren't you making a kilt or something for his wedding?

• 3 weeks later...

What lovely memories you created with your heirloom shawl! It is just the perfect feminine complement to her dress. Wouldn’t it be marvelous for the shawl to be used by brides in your family for generations?!! The “something borrowed” that would add special meaning to your family traditions.

What a beautiful shawl and memory you have created. You should be very proud indeed. And I'm sure your gorgeous daughter is very blessed to have you and her new life ahead. Thank you for sharing your story, you truly inspire me.

Oh, Noreen, that shawl is just SPECTACULAR!!!! :manyheart

It's probably the most gorgeous shawl I've ever seen, and the fact that you handspun the silk yourself, there are no words that are adequate! Your daughter looked beautiful, and what a keepsake of her wedding day that shawl will be for her!

Elle

Archived