You know you have a problem when...

That is so funny. Next time just take the cowboy hat off, turn it over and fill the inside and still have the brim to lay more yarn across. Just want to help support your future yarn purchases.

Lisa

That is so funny. Next time just take the cowboy hat off, turn it over and fill the inside and still have the brim to lay more yarn across. Just want to help support your future yarn purchases.

Lisa

Great idea, Lisa. And to this I add:

You know you have a problem when, you start flipping through the patterns you've printed off the net and realize almost all have duplicates, triplicates, and even up to 12 prints of the same pattern!!! (GRRRR all that wasted paper, ink, time, staples....GRRRR) :hook

I guess I'm lucky I don't live near any stores that carry yarn and have no way to get to them. LOL. But I came home with three sweaters for frogging yesterday, so I can't say I'm any better about piling it on.

Someone else mentioned the hat flip too... when I had my leather hat I did that all the time. Alas, it fits no more, and my hat now is straw... and I'm not too confident of its ability to hold a pound of wool without giving up the ghost! :lol

You know you're in trouble when you buy and buy and buy yarn then pet it and rearrange it and can't make up your mind what make with it. :think I have a HUGE stash, I complain about having to buy my yarn online but if I had a local yarn store I'ld be broker than a convict:heehee Deb

Hi my name is Kari and I am addicted to yarn.

I have a confession:

I have some yarn that is so pretty and soft I pet it and don't want to make anything out of it because I don't think I can make something that would do the yarn justice. :embar:2blush

Hi my name is Kari and I am addicted to yarn.

I have a confession:

I have some yarn that is so pretty and soft I pet it and don't want to make anything out of it because I don't think I can make something that would do the yarn justice. :embar:2blush

Too funny Kari, yet so true!:laughroll

You know you're in trouble when you buy and buy and buy yarn then pet it and rearrange it and can't make up your mind what make with it. :think I have a HUGE stash, I complain about having to buy my yarn online but if I had a local yarn store I'ld be broker than a convict:heehee Deb

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't have a stash, but I recently got some fun yarn...a skein of rose-colored Lion Suede and Fun Fur Prints in this lovely mint/purple/white combo. I can't make up my mind what to do with it, so I just pet it instead! :blush

Hi Kari, My name is Kathy and I am a yarn addict, too. In fact some of my coworkers have started referring to yarn as 'acrylic crack'! I have some beautiful yarn I don't know what to do with either. Its too pretty just sitting quietly in a cake. I want to put up a wooden shelf and display it.

Kathy

Hi Kari, My name is Kathy and I am a yarn addict, too. In fact some of my coworkers have started referring to yarn as 'acrylic crack'! I have some beautiful yarn I don't know what to do with either. Its too pretty just sitting quietly in a cake. I want to put up a wooden shelf and display it.

Kathy

that is tooo funny Kathy. i don't blame you, i wish i had a wayto display all of my beautiful yarn too, but alas, no room:( :( so it sits quietly tucked away and from time to time when of course i am not using it, i bring it out and pet it and think hmmmmm what would YOU like to be:devil :lol :lol thanks for the laugh.:hug vicki

I have a problem with crochet thread. I really like the vintage stuff (don't ask me why) and every time I go on e-bay, I either end up buying a lot of thread or I have to literally force myself away from their site to keep from buying any. It's going to take me forever to use what I already have, so why do I feel compelled to keep buying it? :think

It's going to take me forever to use what I already have, so why do I feel compelled to keep buying it? :think

I know what you mean!

A couple of friends of mine took a year [!!] and swore off the purchase of all yarn/thread/roving/etc and instead they either used items in their stash OR they traded stuff in their stash for things in someone else's stash. I have been thinking about this, though most of my stuff has projects already assigned to it. :)

[i'm in a "no more fiber purchases" time right now and it's really hard, because I want to buy more! Mine ends for MDS+W, after which splurge I will be in another "no more fiber purchases" bind. :lol ]

We are moving in 4 months and I am trying sooo hard not to buy anymore yarn...but guess what? i just bought LaVonne's shrug pattern and of course I don't have the yarn I want and just "have" to order more so http://www.knitpicks.com here I come. But please...shhhh don't tell hubby. Not that he would mind, but because I don't have any place to put it anymore. ggggg

I'm making the Granny square Afghan and I'm trying to use up all my yarn that I have so that later I can buy more. I have no place to put anymore yarn.:devil When I go to Michaels store, I loose track of time I just walk around looking at the yarn and petting it,the selection they have is great.:c9 Now I don't feel so strange that I like to pet the yarn.I'm not the only one.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH wow........ whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww ...... I dont feel so guilty now!!!

Woven n Spun......... I can totallyyyyyyyyyy relate.....I am trying to sell my house and move. I have 8 totes of yarn.......no way am I downsizing it!! I cant... I cant do it!!! Lots was free or just totally fantastic buys (like garage sales etc, friend wanting to get rid of it). But... the last 2 times I went to Walmart.... I bought a skein of variegated each time... was on sale.... I love variegated and really dont have much at all!!

What a relief this is...... I am NOT alone anymore with this!! LOLOL

loved all the posts to this!!!

Archived