Silly DH

my b-day is next month and DH keeps asking me for a list of things I want. I told him b4 that I want GCs to walmart, michael's, hobby lobby or joanne's. Last night he asked again and said he knew GC's but what else, I told him "yarn, yarn, and more yarn." So he asked me specifically what colors and brands. Silly man has no idea what I'm thinking HE HE HE He wants a list of the :yarn I want he's gonna get it.

SO ladies and gentlemen... any suggestions for yarns I just can't live without?

Wow. brave man to even think of going in a store and purchasing yarn, but do you really want him to see the cost of yarn?? Sometimes it is better if they think you get it for a 1.00 a skein.....LOL I don't know if mine would have any idea of the cost or not......except I had went to JoAnn's and bought up a bunch when we were home last time and I asked him to help me unload the car...I had 108.00 worth of yarn, it was three big bags I think and he did ask me how much I spent on yarn and I told him, he was shocked....I think he thought it was 1.00 a skein....LOL I did have those big pounders for making charity ghans....

Good luck let us know what he comes up with........funny man

I say give him a list of yarn. I let my Boyfriend pick out colors for thing that I'm working on. He is really good with picking out colors that go together.

One day I was looking at yarn and crochet things. So I told him I was going to make a handbag for fall, take a look around and see if you see any good. He came back with some great yarn.

Wow. What a man. The other night, my dh informed me that shopping for yarn was comparable to shopping for tampons! In other words...not a chance in heck he'd ever buy me yarn.

Wow. What a man. The other night, my dh informed me that shopping for yarn was comparable to shopping for tampons! In other words...not a chance in heck he'd ever buy me yarn.

Funny thing, DH has actually gone to the store by himself to buy me feminine products and even a bra once too. I haven't tried to get him to buy yarn yet. :devil

Caron Bliss is fun. DH said it was the softest yarn he's felt. It's not too hard to work with.

You could stock up on things you normally use. Common colors of ww. That way you can always splurge later when the expensive stuff is on sale.

give him a list of your favorites to work with and let him choose the colors.

my hubby has bought both yarn and feminine products for me. and yes he does a good job with the yarn colors! i guess i am lucky in that respect.

How about cones of Peaches n Cream in a dozen different colors? You can never have too much cotton... or yarn for that matter:hook

Maybe you could try making a wish list on one of the online yarn stores, my family would never have a clue what to buy for each other if it wasn't for wishlists:)

What a sweety. I say go for something that you have admired but could not bring yourself to purchase. My dreamm yarn is chenille. I love to work with it but hate to spend the $6 or more for a skein. Another nice Idea would be some novelty yars or even the bamboo or corn yarn I have been hearing alot about. Go crazy and think outside the yarn bag so to speak.

definitely give him a list of your favorites...colors to if you have specific ideas in mind...

but go for the stuff you wouldn't normally buy for yourself and make sure you put beside it the website if it is online only and how many skeins you might need.

I'm lucky, my dh grumbles when we go to ac moore, but if he knows I am going he always comes with (usually under the pretense of keeping an eye on our toddler) and helps choose colors, etc. and he insists I buy something if I like it even if I veto it because of price or whatever.

FYI~ Vanna's new yarn is fabulous...so soft and easy to work with and washs and drys like a dream (I use cold water and low heat for most things) and all the colors go well together.

I'm dying to try the Vanna's so that's def going on the list, I can always use more RHSS and I have two projects in mind to use it for. Thanks for the other ideas, this is out of char for him, usually I get "more yarn, you want to get more yarn!?! what are you gonna make this time? how much did it cost?" but then again I'm almost completely out of yarn right now bc I've been crocheting like a madwoman lately.

My dh has made "emergency" stops at Micheals or Joanne's a couple times for me, only cause he didn't want me to go (aka spend more $) and it is on his way home kinda. He even waited in a 20 minute line. He also doesn't think I need any more so I have to smuggle new stuff in. He is ok with it if it is to finish something if I've run out. He also went and bought some pregnancy tests at Walmart in the middle of the night. Apparently he got some funny looks for that one.

I just made a Seija hat out of thie new stuff I found called Rumor from Patons I think, it is part Alpaca. Very nice. I say to go a little exotic also! Let us know how he does!

I buy my own yarn and yes I buy whatever's on the list my wife gives me. Used to bother me a little but at 43 with 3 kids, who cares anymore.

My wife hasn't said anything yet but I know that if I buy any more yarn before I use up some of what I already have, I'll be in trouble. I have fewer than 10 skeins since I've just started but they take up space and cause "clutter" which is actually a 4-letter word even though it looks like it has 7.

I haven't spent over $2.23 on a skein of yarn. Maybe if I get good enough at it, I'll have to try something nicer. I just buy from Wal-Mart.

John S

Mine feels the same way. But I won't go buy him beer, so we're even. So he thinks so anyway.

I probably would get the gift cards, but as for yarn, no way. He would just point to the bedroom and say I had too much.:lol

You are sure one lucky girl!

:manyheart

i'd ask for stuff i wouldnt buy for myself

and id give a specific list, it'll save him headaches and you'll be sure to get what you want

I haven't spent over $2.23 on a skein of yarn. Maybe if I get good enough at it, I'll have to try something nicer. I just buy from Wal-Mart.

you'd probably be better off buying from acmoore, michaels, joannes, etc.

40% off coupons and sales rock ;)

so now I have a list going, boy is he ever gonna be sorry he asked me for specifics :lol

I don't have anyone to buy me yarn, but once my parents took me to A C Moore on my b-day to find a pattern book that I really wanted. Sometimes my SIBs ask me to make something and buy the yarn. I get "donations" from coworkers.

Ellie 13

John S

you'd probably be better off buying from acmoore, michaels, joannes, etc.

40% off coupons and sales rock ;)

Yup, those sales coupons are great! Moonlight Madness is coming up at my AC Moore on the 9th. :yay Check out yours! :)

Archived