A beloved old project

lisalu

I have used these items for so many years, I don't notice them anymore. But of course that is what makes them one of my all time favorite projects. They are GRUBBY from years of use and I'm sure I will have them forever! :)

needlecase.jpg

needlecase2.jpg

lisalu, those are truely gorgeous little treasures! Would you mind giving some details about where to find the patterns, the materials used, and how they were constructed? I would love to make one for myself. Thanks!:hug

lisalu, those are truely gorgeous little treasures! Would you mind giving some details about where to find the patterns, the materials used, and how they were constructed? I would love to make one for myself. Thanks!:hug

I got the patterns from a book I have. It is a nice hardback book - if it was just a magazine I'd send you the whole thing!

HOWEVER....it is funny, I was looking on eBay last night and I saw a pamphlet for sale that had the EXACT SAME pattern! I will look again and see if I can find it for you or you might look for it. I was really surprised to see it. If I can find it I'll forward you the link.

OMG, I can't believe I actually found it again. (There are 1000s of patterns on eBay!) This is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEEDLEWORK-TOOL-HOLDERS-Crochet-Pattern_W0QQitemZ110161125193QQihZ001QQcategoryZ134450QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The bid is only .99 right now. Just in case that link doesn't work the item number is 110161125193. Good luck!

How very lovely! That looks like something that would be fun to make for a new bride who is setting up her new home. I put together a sewing box for my daughter when she got married and it was so much fun! I hadn't thought of making something like your crocheted lovelies which she could keep in the sewing box. You have given me ideas for an upcoming anniversary....!!

Thank you for sharing! :cheer:hook:clap

Sorry, I can't do a close up. I am very primitive...I take pics with my cell phone! But they don't slide out because the pockets are a thick felt and the hooks fit snugly into each pocket.

Archived