Dollhouse crochet?

Anyone ever crochet for a dollhouse? My dd has a dollhouse...it is 1:12 scale, DH and I built it for her from a kit. I secretly think I like it more than she does! I made new bedspreads for the bed, since the ones that came on the beds didn't match the wallpaper (I made them out of fabric, not crochet, simply for the sake of actually getting them done quickly!). I also crocheted a little oval rug from size 10 thread, and last night I made a doily from size 30 thread! It was only two rounds, and took me about 4 minutes to make....

I am thinking of making an afghan for the doll people; there's an afghan I might be able to finish! :lol

I hope some of you can share dollhouse crochet items with me, and further inspire me....I would also love to make them some curtains, but I am one of those who doesn't do well without a pattern....

OK. These aren't fabulous pieces, but they are cute nonetheless.

First, the rug.

dollhouserug.jpg

The doily. It was hard to get a clear picture, the doily is only about 1/2" wide!

dollhousedoily.jpg

The master bedroom....please excuse the doll-dad's hair; he had a harrowing trip through my washing machine, and experienced some hair loss as a result! This is one of the bedspreads I whipped up.

master.jpg

And the kids' room. You can see why my (my daughter's!) doll people need some curtains! No privacy! :lol

kids.jpg

How cute is that!

I don't blame you if you play with it more than your DD.:lol

For the curtains...there are some wide thread edging patterns on CPC, you could probably adapt one of them. If they're not long enough, you could crochet a little mesh rectangle for part of the length (dc, sl st, dc or similar), then add an edging to that.

This looks like a fun project.

Looks like they're getting cold and need some afghans;)

Or an afhgan for over the chair(s). Maybe one in thread that resembles a granny square one. Or over the couch.

The bedrooms need rugs too (the pink one is super cute!).

Curtains of course. How big are the windows? maybe someone can find some squares you could use to match the size.

last weekend i crocheted a rug and a set of curtains for my daughter's doll house. my grandma orginally made all the stuff for it both cloth and crocheted and most of it got lost along I95 when she was moving, future hubby didnt secure the box very well. she was not a happy camper.

Go for it...crochet for the dollhouse.

My mom crocheted a whole bunch of things for me.

She made potholders, rugs, bedspreads, afghans, doilies and even crochet plant hangers. She used a shampoo bottle cap and stuck fake greenery in it and then made a hanger and hung it up in my dollhouse. The sky is the limit to what you can make.

I was really into minatures when I was in 4th-6th grade. I have everything packed away for my daughter someday.

I made a dollhouse kit once and I had more fun making up stuff to fill it. Mine was a quilting store with an apartment above.

I didn't do any crochet for it because it really needed the fine stuff but I still love the idea of a dollhouse. I say go for it. if you can dream it up, you can make it.

Oh one bit of useful parenting advice....kids can always be counted on to do something to get them sent to their rooms. That is your chance to really enjoy playing house. (under no circumstances should the house be allowed in her room... goes without saying of course)

Oh there are some really cute ideas up there! :) I saw a Barbie doll clothes/accessories book from the library (can't remember what it was called though) and it had things like rugs, afghans, and I think I remember seeing curtains, but not sure. I bet some curtains done in more of that size 30 thread would be lacey and lovely. I think the dolls need more clothes too lol. :) I loved playing with Barbies and miniature things that came with them. It's a lot of fun! I remember wanting to have the tiny sewing machine (my mother sews) and I honestly thought it would actually sew. I was soooooo dissapointed when I found out that it wouldn't. It was still neat anyway though lol.

I don't know if anyone suggested this, but here are a few more miniature ideas of things to make:'

dishcloths, towels, slippers, purses, stuffed animals for the little girl to play with, ball and other toys for the little boy, hats and other clothes for the family. Can't think of anything else, but it looks like a lot of fun!

Victoria

This looks like SUCH a fun project... I'm jealous! Makes me want to run out and get a dollhouse and I don't even have any kids!!!

Some ideas for curtains: have you thought about using crocheted edgings? There are some on CPC and other sites and you can make them as wide as you need to for the windows. Most are 1"-3" long, but you can adapt the pattern to fit your needs. Might make nice little valances for the dollhouse windows.

Some ideas of other things to make: lacy covers for arms/backs of chairs/sofas, tablecloths, wall hangings, clothes for the dolls?

Can't wait to see more of your doll projects!

darski, the dollhouse is in the dining room....unfortunately (or not!) there is no space in Emily's room for it. Plus, I tend to look at it more than she does.

Mommy2Max, you do not need a child in order to have a dollhouse! I know a lady who has the most amazing dollhouse, and she is a grandmother! Her son is a miniature designer/maker/whatever, and he built her this HUGE dollhouse....she even has real silverware in it, and she did counted cross-stitch samplers TO SCALE, they are miniscule! It is a great hobby, and actually better WITHOUT the children, because then YOU get to choose everything! :lol

Oh, and I did start a new project. I found a bedspread pattern and am making it to use as a tablecloth in the kitchen. Why not?:D:hook

That is just way too adorable. I'm sure as your daughter gets older, she'll love the dollhouse even more. Now I want one but my DD would probably have her robots and dinosaurs attack the people inside.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Have you thought about trying some sewing thread and a really tiny needle? You can make the stitch size even tinier and more realistic that way. I love dolls houses, and one day...

Till then, how about a simple filet in very tiny thread for curtains. When you are done with the panels, you could run some coloured floss throguh some of the filets for a touch of colour. Also, think about gathering them at the top using crochet. Just run a line of chain stitches across the back linking every second or third loop (depending on the look when the panels are done). That should give it a nice draped effect.

• 1 month later...

I loove this idea. My nieces have a few different dolls houses but none as cute as this.

I would loove to have a dolls house with some little people to play with.

There are a few patterns on the internet that I found a while ago - can't remember where at the moment.

My Mum has a kit dolls house stored in her "special retirement room" to take up some of her time when she retires LOL !! I may have to wait until then to make some of these gorgeous ideas.

Dianne

I was trying to find a pattern book I saw for Crocheting things for a doll house and found this. I think they are so cute.

http://www.blohmdesign.com/threads.asp

Here are a couple of patterns

http://www.buttercupminiatures.co.uk/free-crochet-patterns.asp

I knew if I kept looking, I would find it.

http://www.amazon.com/Miniature-Crocheting-Knitting-Dollhouses-Needlework/dp/0486239640

Archived