My Mile-a-Minute

I have no idea what to do with them.

A few are close enough in length, but I think I'm going to just put them aside for now. I'm sure I can think of something eventually to use them.

That's one reason I don't do-motifs, granny squares or mile-a-minutes.........all my pieces come out different sizes, too frustrating to try to make them work and they look wonky sewn together.

scarfs?

That's what I was going to say... make hats to go with them all and you have great sets for a charity or good friends.

:wgrin

I am really sorry this happened to you. you deserve better. :hug

Years ago I made one and it turned out great. The next one I started did the same thing yours did so I finally took it apart and rewound the yarn and have never tried another one since. I really love the look of them, but don't need the frustration.

Marcia

I'm wondering at just what a difference yarn dyes make ... assuming all the yarns are similar size, the diff must be in the bulk created by the dye. that's the only variable that makes sene to me ... so I'm forewarned here to make one (I've never tried one yet) in an entire dye-lot (BORING) or be darn sure about the gauge always (time consuming) ...

or to go ahead and borrow on the crazy quilt idea and attach them randomly with many half-strips and quarter-strips to "even" it all out.

I'd enjoy seeing what you eventually do so we can all learn from you!:D

Kind of judgeing from the pics I can sort of guess....What is a Mile-a-minute? I actually thought it was a type of stitch...:think

it is a style of afghan that is worked in strips that are worked in rounds. then all the strips are put together.

They can be very pretty but many contend that the correct name is really MAC's rather than MAM as Mile a Century is more descriptive. :rofl

I've had the same thing happen, and it really surprised me. I'm usually pretty good on tension! The ones that were pretty close (depends how you pull on them, too), I used. Those that were way off, I redid. I still like them, and look forward to making another one (whenever I have some "free time" :haha)

I've had the same thing happen, and it really surprised me. I'm usually pretty good on tension! The ones that were pretty close (depends how you pull on them, too), I used. Those that were way off, I redid. I still like them, and look forward to making another one (whenever I have some "free time" :haha)

i think the reason I gave up on MAM is because they said "they are so fast"... ok, well colour me stupid but they took forever and then some. I once got one down to the next to the last strip (finished) and I was so fed up with the thing by that time that I threw it all away. and did the happy dance when I did that. :elle

yeah, it seems silly now but I was sooooooooooo very fed up then.

I have never made these before. But from the comments made here I cannot see how this could be Mile-a-MINUTE! Darski - Mile-a-century!! I think so. I have worked hundreds of things in the round but I hate working up one side of a chain and down the other. To me it takes too long (that said - that is exactly the project I am doing now :( .) Has anyone had consistently good luch with this??

Archived