Mans Tweed Stripes Pullover Just Published!

crochetkim

I'm very happy to tell you that one of my mens sweater patterns was just published in the September 2007 Crochet! magazine. :hook You can see it in this blog post here:

http://kimguzman.bravejournal.com/entry/23371

It's one of my easier mans sweater designs, with all of the real work being done by the yarn itself. Simply Soft Shadows.

Enjoy! :manyheart

Congratulations! It is so nice to see such a stylish man's pattern. So few crochet patterns for men - this is a find! I look forward to receiving my issue of the mag.

Love that sweater! I subscribe to Crochet! but haven't gotten that issue yet. Will the sweater police show up at my door if I make it for me?:lol

Joan

Thank you so much! As a matter of fact, someone already started the sweater and is very much tempted to keep it for herself. :yes

Oh, Kim, does the model come with the pattern?-LOL. Seriously, that is the best men's pattern I have seen.

Glenda

No, I don't believe the model will come with the pattern since it's in a magazine. BUT, I've been told that he may be included in the yarn order. :rofl

Kidding! Just kidding! :lol

So glad you like it! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Kim, I just got my issue and was admiring that sweater. You really do a beautiful job with your designs for men. I also love your Tunisian sweaters. Congratulations on having another lovely creation published.

• 1 month later...

I loved the sweater so much I went out and bought the issue. I think I know what someone is getting for Christmas. Now I just need to decide who and what color.

Has anyone tried this in Wool Ease? I have never seen the shadows yarn around here.

I'm thinking that Wool Ease, although would make a GORGEOUS mans sweater may be just a tad small for this design. Or, it may work out even better than the finished design. I just haven't worked with Wool Ease in years and years and years. Try working up a swatch. Make it kind of large, like 40 or 50 stitches, in the main pattern stitch to see if you can get gauge. Try different hooks. Ordinarily, I'd be concerned about a really drapey garment because you would need some body in order to hold up a FPdc, BPdc ribbing. But, this one has the ribbing built right in, seamlessly, so it doesn't add extra weight. I'd say just swatch it up and see what happens. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived