Crochet Stitch Markers

diamond

Materials: all products were purchased at Michaels Crafts Store

Earring Wires ($2.99 pack of 96)

Mixed Eye Pins ($2.99 pack of 90)

Silver Lined Glass Beads ($3.99 pack of LOTS)

Needle Nose Pliers (Bead Pliers) (had at home)

stitchmarkers1vn.jpg

Take eye pin and add beads. Take pliers and bend pointed end so beads can't slide off (you can also use Head Pins ($2.99 pack of 80) but then you would have to bend the head pin over the earring wire). Hook loop of eye pin into earring wire. I pinch the place where the eye pin rests in the earring wire just enough so it can't slide around. Close earring wire and you're done!

Have a great day!

Thanx all. The best part is, they will be great gifts for SWAPs or RAOKs. Guess y'all know what will be in any of my packages. And I have tons more beads. :D

They sure are cuter than the saftey pins I have always used. :tup

You know, :idea if you could find some of those tiny little number beads like the ones they use to make baby bracelets you could have nifty little row markers. I don't know about you, but I am always loosing track of which row I am on. :oops

You can also get earring wires that are lever backs the won't snag on things. They don't come as many to a package and are therefore a little more expensive, but I like them better.:)

You know, :idea if you could find some of those tiny little number beads like the ones they use to make baby bracelets you could have nifty little row markers. I don't know about you, but I am always loosing track of which row I am on. :oops

That is an awesome idea to used numbered beads! I lose count mostly when crocheting something in Tunisian stitch. Will have to hunt some of those things down!

Actually I had the same idea and happen to have numbered beads. Will work on those tomorrow. I also lose track of the row number I have worked on and had to recount so many times.

Thanx all for your great comments. Am glad you all like my stitch markers. I hope you make tons of them. :knit

those are great. I need to look for those earring bits that close. I miss not living 2 minutes away from Michael's anymore!!! :(

Bec

How wonderful! :cheer I've made knitting stitch markers but have none for my crocheting. Just so happens I have all my beads out to make some bracelets, now I'll add markers to the list of things to make. Thanks for the idea! :yay

Bron

You can also get earring wires that are lever backs the won't snag on things. They don't come as many to a package and are therefore a little more expensive, but I like them better.:)

Thanx, Lanette. Re: the lever backs....I had thought of that but then thought they might slip off. Wasn't sure so went with the locking kind. Thanx for the input tho. :knit

What a great idea :clap - :manyheart the concept of adding the number beads - I have recounted my rows so many times :irk ! I can not wait until my next trip back to the US when I can pick up some supplies :yay

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! I love the idea of beaded markers! I have a few of the plastic split ring markers, but they break after a while, and your beaded markers seem like they'd be much more durable.

I'm also a rosary maker (beaded and crocheted), so I have lots of beads and findings around my house~~I'm thinking the wooden beads would be great to add a number for row counting!

Thanks for sharing! :ty

• 1 year later...

I was wondering how to make these!! Wish the photo showed up!!

I had seen the lever back earrings at Hobby Lobby and thought they might work~will have to go pick up some!!! I have plenty of beads on hand.....:clap

thanks for sharing this!

mgf~:yay

Archived