help! need motivation

I am also making a baby blanket which is taking forever. however, i have til October to finish mine.

you can do this! and we want a pic when you finish, so hurry up!

just take some deep breaths, have some tea or coffee, or if possible, soak in a nice hot bath for a while, then get back to work. :)

p.s.

here's your kick :kick:kick:kick :lol:lol:lol

Now gett'er done!

Think of how thrilled your friend will be.

You don't have to give it the moment the baby arrives, you know, unless you promised it as a take-home blanket. It may be better to wait until the milk-coming-in-blues are over so she can appreciate it, and give her some flowers and a wee something else for the baby sooner to cheer her. Just an idea.

Come on Rebecca! I know you can do it. I myself just finished up a lapghan I started like 6 months ago. It's a huge granny square and I couldn't stand having to work on it because it took forever and when you're building up from that tiny center it just never looks like you're making progress. Well it's done and I feel SO much better. I know you'll feel so much better too when you finish.

Come on, Rebecca. We've all seen what great work you do. How much of that blanket do you have done? Half? A third? A quarter? THREE QUARTERS? Just think how pleased you'll be once it's done and you wrap that little one in it. And how pleased the mother will be. You can do it! Remember that little ol' ant....thought he could move a rubber tree plant....everyone knows an ant can't....move a rubber tree plant...but he's got high hopes (singing here)....high hopes....EVERYONE JOIN IN PLEASE....::::SINGING:::: Move a rubber tree plant..... :clap

Come on! You can do it. Just think of the next project you really want to do, but tell yourself that you can't start it 'till this one is finished. Your friend will be so pleased.:hug:ghug

i thank you all for the great words of motivation

let me tell ya what a pain in the @ss this is... i have been working on it for 2 1/2 straight and only completed 7 rows

SEVEN! UGH

stitchin' on.......

he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes.............

Oops there goes another rubber tree

Oops there goes another rubber tree

Oops there goes another rubber tree plant!

Rebecca, I know you can finish. I am doing a personalized baby blanket for my sister-in-law. She is the HR at her company. Everytime someone has a baby, she orders a blanket. This has to be about the 50th one. They start to get very boring, after a while. There are a lot of young women working in the company, so I guess I will keep busy. The money will come I make will be used for more yarn. Yea!

You can do it!! I get that way tooo....I usually get 1/2 way done and it seems that I'm not getting anywhere. But, once you get through that next 1/4 it goes by really fast!

:cheer Go Rebecca Go!!:cheer

rebecca, you can do it. make yourself:devil :devil:rofl seriously what i do when i don't feel like doing it, i count how many rows needs to be done,then how many days until it needs to be done. then divide the rows and then do that many rows a day.:tup :tup :tup don't be:scared won't take long now:bounce :bounce wipe that:yuck of your face now,i know your thinking should i shouldn't i:goodorbad :goodorbad :goodorbad but YES you should do it:kick :kick :kick :knit :knit :knit :knit cause soon it will be:hot :hot there, and you won't feel like it. besides you want to give the baby a nice homemade gift now don't ya? you do beautiful work and the mommy will be oh so pleased:yes :yes :yes :hug :hug :hug there, now go do it!!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl:hug vicki

Vicki - I do that rows per day calc to but then I get discouraged. And then I start saying 'well, if I do X rows per day then it'll only be Y days....ya ya! ' And then I skip 4 days crocheting bc it's getting tiresome, and then my calculation is shot and I get even more discourage....it's a self feeding cycle.

:cheer CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you could do it!!! :clap:yay Don't you feel better now? :dance :::singing::: she's got high hopes, she's got high hopes.... :D

Aww...rebeccav.. You_are_not_alone.gif

Its ok.. she'll still be your friend, & she'll have a brand new baby, she prolly won't even notice that all she has to lovingly wrap her new beautiful baby in is icky, fade after a few washings, thrown together by heartless cold steel machines, blankets!! winkie.gif

hi rebecca, i hve been in your situation more times than i care to remember. but every time i got done, i felt so very much relieved and happy. just think of that and they joy your friend will get because i'm sure it will turn out beautiful. i'm in the opposite position, climbing the walls because i can't crochet right now because of my broken arm. learned to with my left hand but the break kept moving and caused too much pain.

so get at it and think of all of us who encouraged you, because we too are thinking of you.

take care, angie

rebecca, i KNEW you could do it. hmmm ugly old blankie my foot:devil i know your friend is going to be thrilled with it.i think a handmade item is about the best gift anyone can give, cause not only does it cost alot(usually more than a purchased item) but is hand made with :manyheart . i have had a few people complain(mainly my sister in virginia) about how cheap it is to get handmade things,:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :angry :angry :angry :angry (she don't get them anymore:devil ) but most people adore them. so glad you were able to finish:hug :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay :jumpyay vicki

Archived