Yarn at Kmart

kitkat

I was just at Kmart and they have a whole aisle of yarn!!!!! :cheer:clap I haven't seen yarn at Kmart since I was a kid (many many years ago) lol!! I was so happy to see they brought it back!! :jumpyay:woo I hope they bring fabric back next!! Maybe they have had it for a while but I never noticed it ! I don't go to Kmart often. (mainly because they don't have a craft section) did anyone else here know that Kmart has yarn again??

It wasn't a Martha Stewart brand was it? I've never liked her and will not buy anything that says MS on it. So I usually stay from K-Mart for that reason.

No it wasn't Martha Stewart! I was rushing to front (had to hurry up and pick up my daughter at work) so I didn't look at every brand they had (just took a quick zoom thru the aisle, but I saw Bernat super saver and Sugar n Cream to mention a few. I'm so excited!! I was just saying that with Walmart closing alot of their craft sections "I hope other stores will take their place and start selling yarn" Looks like I am getting my wish! whoo hoo! It's getting so ridiculous that you can't even buy yarn or fabric anywhere! I wish Target would expand the craft section!

Wow! Yarn may indeed get me back into K-Mart. I'll have to go check it out since there is a K-Mart not too far away. I remember buying yarn there years ago, and once they did away with it there wasn't much reason for me to go in anymore.

I quit going to K-mat for the same reason...no crafts. It is going to be interesting to see how the shoppong trend will change...Wal-mart out...K-mart in !!! I guess I will "have" to make a stop at the Big K!!! Thanks for sharing!

That sounds great!! Unfortunately for me the two closest Kmarts to me were bought out by Sear's. The next closest store is in a scary neighborhood :no

Happy shopping to all with a Kmart near them :yay

This is very exciting news!

I currently have to drive 1 hour to get yarn at Michaels...

but we have a Kmart about 25 minutes away...

so - thank you for this news...

I hope that every Kmart has this new yarn aisle! Oh wow!

:yay:party:day:dance

I have not seen any yarn at the KMarts in the Milwaukee area

I will have to have DD keep her ears open as she works there :yes

I checked it out after going to the post office,same shopping center

Nope,none at this K mart,I haven't been there in ages,anyone else's look like a cheap 5 and dime store?this one has gone down hill fast.

Linda

My Kmart has had yarn for a while. I would say it's been there for at least a year, but the selection isn't great and neither is the price. However, it is always good to know it's there just in case.....

THAT'S AMAZING!!! I've got to go check ours out... it's 25 min.s away.

IF WE ALL BEGIN PURCHASING FROM THEM - THEN MAYBE THEY'LL KEEP

SELLING IT AND ADD TO IT!!! CROCHETING HAS COME BACK FROM THE

DUST AND I THINK STORES ARE BEGINNING TO RECOGNIZE IT!!!

I am with Dawn on this....the KMart I shop does have a very SHORT aisle of yarn, hooks, needles, etc..but the price is crazy. I couldn't bring myself to pay it. LOL. I am fortunate that I have access to severel Michael's and Joann's (metro detroit area)

But in a pinch it's good to know I can get *something* at Kmart. :)

WOW:cheer:clap...I am going to the happy yarn dance! I live near several Kmart's and stopped shopping there..because they did not carry yarn. I used to work for them years ago and they carried yarn. I would wear their yarn section out if they start selling it again. I am going to check tomorrow..while I am off. Walmart, Michaels and AC Moore are all near each other..but not close as Kmart is to my house. :yay:yarn:hook I pray to the yarn gods and goddesses...Please let the Kmart stores in my area have a yarn section...pretty please!:cheer:c9

As some of you have hinted, Kmart probably picked up the ball that Walmart is dropping. Still, you won't get me within a mile of Kmart. I'd rather get my teeth pulled.

Hum, I know that they use to sell it when I was a teen in the 60's.

Our k-mart hasn't started selling it yet. Maybe I should go and check it out. :yes pinkroses

Archived