I did a fleuri bag

Chatty

When I first saw the other bag I thought about Mindy, my SIL's adopted daughter at church so I showed it to him and he said she would like it too. He said her favorite color is orange so I got some orange yarn and this is the result. I lined it in black, crocheted the handles on then crocheted the whole thing together. I hope she likes it.

orangebagfinished5yn.th.jpg

:frog

Yes, the pattern calls for a chunky yarn. No, I used RH Super Saver then lined it to prevent stretching.

The handles are 2 metal moons I found in the craft section at WM and I thought they'd make great handles.

Thanks guys. I also just finished a granny kerchief in the same yarn. I put it inside the bag so she'll find it when Gregg gives it to her-gotta do something with all this leftover orange yarn ;)

Might have to make myself a kerchief :D

Pickles, you got it, but I have a feeling you'll have to fight Mindy for it :D

:frog

Wow, great job. I love the orange it is so summery. I'm working on lining my bags. Just need to sew them in. FYI...You can also use doubled worsted weight and a K hook to make it sturdier if you don't have chunky weight.

That is so cute! I hope she loooooves it! And wears it out with so much use that you have to make another cute purse for a replacement. :D

It's neat to see all the different versions of this bag that are popping up!

Archived