Blankey Brigade

cajunwhacko

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be talking to Sergeant Morris tomorrow, so we should be able to set up a time to drop off some more blankets. Just wanted to let everybody know and bump this back up a little. Y'all are doing a great job! :D

Glad you posted. I had been wondering how the blankets were going.

I haven't forgotten about it I'm just making blankets for family right now. I look at the red, white and blue yarn every time I go into hobby lobby. When it goes on sale again, I'll buy some and make some more blankets. :)

Barbara

I know which pattern i'm using for my next Blankey Brigade blankey.

I just started a large granny square (rectangle) toddler blanket yesterday and I'm almost finished today! So I have one more to finish up and then I'll be making a red, white and blue one for the Blankey Brigade! :)

Barbara

Yay! It's so nice to see this thread get more active again.

I talked to Sergeant Morris today and she was extremely excited about the Blankey Brigade. It's so nice to get positive reinforcement and know we're doing something people appreciate :D

I received word last Friday that 2 more blankeys from my stash here were used. Both moms were "over joyed" that strangers thought so highly of military families to send them. So...thanks again ladies and sorry for not posting this sooner. My brain I think is on summer break.

I agree wtih Anne, we are in this for the long haul :) We don't have many deployed troops here on our post as we are a basic training post (for the most part) however, being able to give away 3 so far means there is a huge need out there. I know where we are going (OK) there are many many many deployed soldiers so keep up the awesome work. It is greatly appreciated in ways you may never know.

• 2 weeks later...

Lauravee,

I received your two blankets today. They are just beautiful. I got a little teary eyed myself when I read your note about the soldiers you work with getting teared up over them.

My neighbor is pregnant expecting any day now. She will most likely be the next recipient of the Blankey Brigade. I know she will be overjoyed at the love behind each one that is made.

Thanks again to all who have made this possible. We will continue to have soldiers deployed for awhile and will continue to have babies born while daddy is away, so we need to keep the blankey's coming. :cheer

I finally finished two blankets, can someone PM me as to where I can send them?

Just wanted ya'll to know...I have just finished an afghan for the blankey brigade. Well :( ...I still have to weave in the ends.

I'll post a picture as soon as my son brings his computer home.

Barbara

Here is my latest contribution to the Blankey Brigade. Should I keep it until Kimberly gets moved? Or should I send it to one of you now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/BlankeyBrigadeJuly.jpg

it is made of Simply Soft Yarn. It feels sooo soft :c9

Barbara

oooh I love that one too. Guess we should move this to the Blankey Brigade thread though. Hey moderators....how do we do that :think

You can send to me. We won't be leaving until September and there are still babies being born here :hook and soldiers are still leaving us for that big hot "sand box" (as they call it)

Here is my latest contribution to the Blankey Brigade. Should I keep it until Kimberly gets moved? Or should I send it to one of you now?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/BlankeyBrigadeJuly.jpg

it is made of Simply Soft Yarn. It feels sooo soft :c9

Barbara

Archived