Square

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/squarerwbblankey.jpg

I'll be sending all 3 next week.

Barbara

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Barbara! How awesome!

I love both the blankets, and I can just picture a toddler dragging them everywhere they go someday! The second one is so cool, I saw it and automatically thought "Texas"... guess that means my vicodin has kicked in? I wouldn't have thought of doing a log cabin in crochet, but it looks great!

I'm amazed how much all of you have gotten done so quickly. There are going to be some very happy military families out there!

Three cheers for the Blankey Brigadeers!

:cheer :cheer :cheer

Love them, Barbara. Awesome job!

I will put new pictures up on the blankey brigade page tomorrow (too tired tonight).

I did get one of my patterns posted on my site today. Your log cabin design reminded me that I put it up today and would be easy to do for a log cabin quilt look. You can see the pattern at

http://www.wovenspun.com/free_patterns.htm

Hope you all have a great night. My hubby is actually home and we got to spend the night with the family. Today was my son's 2nd anniversary of his adoption so it's like a birthday celebration for us. :)

Kimberly,

Thanks for the pattern! :clap

I think it is great that you celebrate the aniversary of your son's adoption. I was adopted when I was 4 1/2yrs. old. We still celebrate my adoption & it was 30 +++++ yrs. ago. (don't really want to quite tell everyone my age yet):lol :lol

Kimberly,

Thanks for the pattern! :clap

I think it is great that you celebrate the aniversary of your son's adoption. I was adopted when I was 4 1/2yrs. old. We still celebrate my adoption & it was 30 +++++ yrs. ago. (don't really want to quite tell everyone my age yet):lol :lol

You're welcome for the pattern. Since the site is still new and with school still in session in our house (only a month or so more to go...wooo hooo) I am a little slow working on things. But I do hope to have more added as I go along.

As for the adoption celebrations, yup, we celebrate them all. (all five of my children are adopted). They (the kids) were older when they were adopted, the youngest being 5 when everything was finalized so we have a birthday each year and a re-birthday which is the adoption date. They know that's the day they become "our" kids. So, we will do this again 15-June for my other 4 children (which are all a sibling group). :D

Have you worked up the star afghan pattern aka Beth Little Star, I have tried for 2 days, and I think the pattern is wrong, took it to my crochet group this morning and they could not make it work either, can anybody help me with this. Seems the 3 rd is where I go wrong, it just does not make sense to me, (us)

Ok, I found once you get past the first 2 rows it is a breeze. Here is what I changed:

1) the starting row-when you chain, made no sense to me. I chained 4, joined to form a loop (or you can do the miracle circle they talk about in "Crochetme"). Then I ch 5 (acts as first dc & first ch 2 sp), *1 dc, ch2. Repeat from * 3 more times. (should have 5 sp). sl st into 3rd ch of beginning ch to join, ch 3, turn.

If you will follow the directions, starting @ row 2 you should be fine.

Now, in row 3, it tells you to do the shell, then it tells you how to do the shell, and then it is telling you that you just made a shell. Makes it sound like there are 3 shells together, not so.

As confusing as this sounds I think you will probably get it, with yarn & hook in hand.

Can I join up? Is there a cut off date or are you all just crocheting away for as long as it takes to get blankies to the little ones? Are they all to be R,W,&B, or are you also making solids of the colors? I would love to help......

We would be glad to have you. At this time, there is no specified cut off date. The way I look at it, as long as we have deployed soldiers, we have a need. I don't think we ever specified that the blankets had to be red, white, AND blue although the patriotic look is sort of what we are going for, but as long as it's that type of genre that would go along with our theme. did that just make sense? (we are still trying to get our studies done today and aren't having our best day. :eek

Lol....Yeah, I understand what you mean. Woohoo! Great. Now I need to get some more yarn (oh dh is going to strangle me:eek ) and get started...I will do these in between my frustrating projects to give me a little break!

i hear you about the yarn. I just pulled all my stuff out of the closet and realized I need to use a lot before we move. So...that gives me 5 months to get busy crochet and refrain from buying anything more. oooohhhh that will be so hard.

oh man, I don't think I could do it....lol. Good luck...you can do it! Be strong!! :D I am going to go to walmart to get some yarn tomorrow. Now, I have to, see, because, I only have white yarn, no red or blue, so that is a valid reason...we are using red white and blue, so I can't go using up my stash, because they aren't the right colors, and there certainly isn't enough white in my stash:blush ......:devil ..........only, dh just can't seem to understand that reasoning.....:think

The first Blankey Brigade blanket has reported to my doorstep for duty! It came from Michelle (micountess) and is so pretty! The blanket itself is done with white and dark red held together, and then it has a dark blue scallopy border. I'm sure it will make someone very happy! I'll take a picture of it as soon as I have a chance if that's okay. :yay

I agree with Kimberly, as long as we have deployed soldiers there will be a need for blankets. And as far as colors go, you can make one that's all blue, or white and red, or any other combination you'd like.

Believe it or not, I just tonight realized just how big 28-30 inches square is... lol

Y'all are doing some great work!

And Barbara, I'll definitely give a holler when yours arrive!

Hi! I just joined yesterday and was told to be sure and check out the Blankie Brigade so here I am!

This is so awesome and I just LOVE the afghan pics you've all been posting!

Great jobs! :clap

I copied the directions for the five pointed star, but if I get all confused, I know I can still manage the ripple anyways! LOL!!

:yay Yay! Another excuse to sneak off to the Hobby Lobby! I'm pretty sure I don't have any red or white yarn!

*Makes a mad dash to the car with keys in hand.....*

I got my yarn yesterday! Woo! Hid it from DH...lmbo..if he asks I'll say I dug it out of my stash...I know there is no way for him to know everything in THAT! hAHA! Is the 5 point star, the pattern Beth's Little Star ghan, from God's Tiny Angels? How many rows/rounds do you all do to get the desired size?

Thanks!!

glad to have you aboard.

I just got an email from a Special Forces unit out of Fort Bragg. They heard about our Blankey Brigade and are interested. WOW....they are taking shape and we are soon going to have more units to support then we will know what to do with. :)

Nashville Crocheter ,

Could you tell me how many rows it took you to reach the 30X30 -ish size? I tried counting them on your picture, but I keep loosing track! :lol

I'm on row 15 and it still looks so small to me.:P

It measures approx. 12 inches across at the moment.

:ty vbmenu_register("postmenu_72408", true);

Archived