Blankey Brigade

cajunwhacko

Got it! Thanks so much Anne, seems like all we've done this year is get sick! I've never been this sick before. Anyway thanks for the well wishes and I will let you know when I finish!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did one!

I didn't want to post that I was working on one, in case I didn't finish it (who, me??????) But I did!

th_blankiebrigade1.jpg

It's just a big granny square with a HDC border and a little ruffle to finish it off.

Can I have an address to mail it to? I'm going to wash it in Dreft tonight and hopefully get it out tomorrow.

Holly

Love the rich colors! Looks like the colors in my living room :)

I just found out that there are a bunch of deployed soldiers at our new post, so I am sure i will be making a connection there by the end of the summer....so ladies and gents, let's keep up the great work.

and thanks again. You may not think so, but this means so much to the military community.

Ok Anne and Kimberly,

I finally have 3 blankets made. Now, who wants them:lol :lol . Seriously, does one of you need them more than the other, right now?. Just let me know. Otherwise, it's eenie, meanie, ...... I will post pics this weekend before I ship them off. I am so excited!!!!

Hey Anne,

I am probably going to send them to you. I remembered Kimberly was meeting with her contact this week. I will let you know when I have shipped them. Thanks for this great idea and all your help!

Well, I promised to give y'all pics of my lates blankets I finished. So, here they are:

480x360_blankeybrigade.jpg

I will be sending these & the original star one out. Finally, nothing like getting them shipped out to make you feel like you have done something:lol :lol

Well, I promised to give y'all pics of my lates blankets I finished. I will be sending these & the original star one out. Finally, nothing like getting them shipped out to make you feel like you have done something:lol :lol

How pretty! you do such good work (you all should check out her bags she sells on ebay...I get so many compliments on mine :clap )

Just to let everyone know. I didn't get a chance to meet with Capt Hurley on Friday as scheduled. We had a graduation (hubby graduated his latest class yipee) and a promotion ceremony back to back and Capt Hurley had a meeting right afterward. However, I will see her at a change of command ceremony on Tuesday and she knows I am bringing them with me to that.

Thanks again everyone for your support. I know there is a need we are filling.

One of the ladies in my Crochet group here has made a blanket to send you. Who should she send it to? I have Anne's address but not Kimberly's. So ya'll decide and let me know.

Barbara

If you want to send it to me for the batch I'm getting together, that's fine, or you can send it to Kimberly to start a new batch. It's up to you, unless Kimberly has a preference?

Be sure to thank the blankey's creator for us! :cheer

Barbara,

I am ok with you sending it to Anne right now. We have less people deployed here right now. I know when we get to Oklahoma there will be a HUGE need though. I just don't have a verified contact set up there yet and don't just want to send blankey's to just anyone. I know once I get there I can for sure set up a contact.

Hi all.

Wanted to let you know that I gave Capt Hurley 7 blankets from the Blankey Brigade. She let me know later in the day that they were able to already give a newborn a blankey from us. Mom went into premature labor and baby was in ICU with a collapsed lung with minimal stimulation. Mom cried and held the blankey and cried. She sent her thanks to her unseen angel.

I'll be sure to watch for them Shari.

Kkimberly, I keep reading your post over and over and it makes me tingle all over... I hope we hear lots more reactions like that.

Awesome work everyone, let's keep 'em rollin!

Kkimberly, I keep reading your post over and over and it makes me tingle all over... I hope we hear lots more reactions like that.

Awesome work everyone, let's keep 'em rollin!

Just made me think that this is what this was all about. I am so glad that we were able to make this mom feel special. :c9

Kimberly,

If you can, be sure and keep us posted on this new little baby. I would love to make it a little onesie, but I need to know it's weight & sex. Thanks again for all of your work.

I will see if I can get that info from you and post it tomorrow. thanks so much :)

Kimberly,

If you can, be sure and keep us posted on this new little baby. I would love to make it a little onesie, but I need to know it's weight & sex. Thanks again for all of your work.

I got a ripple blanket in the mail yesterday from a non-crochetviller, and today I got the blankets that Shari had sent. They all look great! I'm up to 8 now, so I'll have to set up a date to go drop them off. :cheer

Y'all are amazing! Such awesome work :D

Hi all.

Wanted to update you all on baby Evan. He is weighing 6 pounds right now and will get to go home next Tuesday. The family will take baby and mom back to FL with them so they can take care of mom and the baby while dad is away. my contact feels that wouldn't be enough time to get something made, mailed, and delivered, but was going to pass along the thoughts of wanting to do something.

You all are just down right awesome. thanks so much for your hard work and dedication. We have a new unit ready to activate from here and they have only been home 6 months so it's going to be another hard summer for some families

Archived