Blankey Brigade

cajunwhacko

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duh....what is the blankie brigade? And can anyone get involved?:think

Melannie

We're a group of crocheters who make small blankets for newborns whose fathers are deployed. Anybody is welcome to join, and I believe we even decided that knit blankets and small quilts would be accepted, correct me if I'm wrong Kimberly! We're currently supplying blankets to units at Patrick AFB and Fort Knox.

If you would like more details, feel free to send a message to either myself or Kimberly (Woven N Spun).

You are correct, Anne. We will be glad to accept knitted, crocheted, or quilted blankeys. Add Fort Sill to our list here in a few months as well as Patrick AFB and Fort Knox.

We're a group of crocheters who make small blankets for newborns whose fathers are deployed. Anybody is welcome to join, and I believe we even decided that knit blankets and small quilts would be accepted, correct me if I'm wrong Kimberly! We're currently supplying blankets to units at Patrick AFB and Fort Knox.

If you would like more details, feel free to send a message to either myself or Kimberly (Woven N Spun).

You are correct, Anne. We will be glad to accept knitted, crocheted, or quilted blankeys. Add Fort Sill to our list here in a few months as well as Patrick AFB and Fort Knox.

I forgot to add, we're always looking for new bases to add to our list, so if anyone has or is willing to make the necessary connections, feel free to let us know!

Hi,

I'm a huge Lurker and figured it was time to get involved.

If you are able to still take Blankets I have two made. I simply need an addy of someone to send them to .

Thanks

Mickie

Thanks Anne. I will PM Mickie with my address.

This way I can leave them stocked here before heading to our next place.

And yes anyone who has another point of contact, please let Anne or I know so we can be in touch with them. And please be sure to tell others about our project so we can just let this really take off. :hook

I'm going to let Kimberly take them since Patrick is still well stocked.

Oh Kiiiiimberlyyyyy... :D

• 1 month later...

Always! Kimberly, do you want some more to leave them stocked up? Because that's fine with me, if it works for you.

I've been thinking about getting in touch with the navy base, just have to find time to do it... probably after my surgery.

How about sending to Lackland AFB. Read this thread

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=171682#post171682

I have one here still that I haven't given out. If it's ok with you all, I would like to send it to Lackland.

I will as i have been doing, attach a note that it's from the Blankey Brigade.

I can send my stash to Lackland too. This is a great idea y'all.

As long as it's okay with all of you, I have 9+ blankeys to send, and we'll be making some more asap.

NOTE: If you have finished blankeys for the brigade that you want to send directly to Lackland, PLEASE attach a Blankey Brigade tag to them. Tags can be found at our website

Archived