Blankey Brigade

cajunwhacko

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to get in on this, my daughter's husband is in the Army and I know that when they got back last year there was an abundance of wives that got pregnant so I think this is a great idea.

Mary

Yea, Another brigader jumping on board (tee hee)

Thanks to those who have already finished their blankeys. WOW. I am inspired to finish mine hopefully this weekend. It's been a hectic week with DH re-enlisting and the kids in the neighborhood out on Spring Break. My kids thought they ought to have Spring Break too....even though we just had a week off. ARGH

Here is my 1st Blankey Brigade Blankie!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/1srrwbblankey.jpg and a close up...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/myprojects1/rwbdetail.jpg

I'm going to start a star one next ;)

Barbara

Wow, Barabara. :cheer That looks great! I am starting one called stars & stripes. I saw the pic on a book for sale & thought I can figure this one. 2 squares down, 14 more to go.:lol :lol

Love it. You all are putting me to shame. I am about half way through the star one. I don't like working with this yarn so, next one I am gonna have to get some Simply soft or something like that.

Thanks ya'll :blush

Shari, can you scan a pic of the pattern you are working on? Sounds interesting, I'd love to see it.

Also, I noticed you are in Houston...I used to live in Katy,TX (More than 20 years ago) :)

Barbara

I finished the star pattern and here is the picture. I think on the next one I will use a softer yarn. This one was done with my stash yarn and who knows what kind it was, hopefully once I wash it and use softener it will get softer feeling.

Mary

babyblanket1.jpg

Very pretty! :manyheart

Its going to be interesting to see all the different stripe combinations on the star blankets we are all making. Mine it totally different than yours even tho I am only using red, white and blue :)

By the way...an officially blankey brigade website is in the works. I did get to work on mine a little last night and I would say just a few more rows and I am done. Yee haa.

I agree that looking at all the different color combos will be soo cool.

Hi there. I was waiting to hear back from Anne on how she liked the page, but alas, she hasn't answered so I am going to go ahead and post the link to show off.

here's what I have so far.

Blankey Brigade Page

I am working on getting a contact at Fort Bragg as well as what we already have.

Thanks to all who are working on their blankeys.

Mine is 3 rows from being completed and I hope to have it done later today.

I have talked to my step mom in Connecticut, and she knits. I was telling her all about this and is wondering if something in red/white/blue strikes her would you take it as well? I told her I am almost 100% sure you would, althought it is knitting.

Will that be okay? She has some yarn in her stash and told me to expect her first blankey in the mail to me next week! YAY!

Heather, I personally don't see where it would make a difference whether if was knitted or crocheted. I knit too and if the mood strikes to pick up the needles, I would do so.

Just to put this where everyone can see it, I don't have any problem with accepting knit blankets or even small quilts if they fit the requested measurements etc. Anything to get the job done! :cheer :cheer

Kimberly, I love the blanket that you did! That veriegated yarn reminds me of peppermint for some reason?!? Really cool how many variations we're getting. :clap

My email back to you must have gotten lost in the ether for a while. Sorry bout that!

Archived