Blankey Brigade

cajunwhacko

HEY Becks, I think I counted 23 rows in the pic. The red and blue are sport weight and the varigated is ww. So if you are using all ww yarn you may not need as many rows.

It is on it way to cajunwhacko (Anne) now. Maybe she can count the rows when she gets it.

I'm so glad you took my advice about checking out the Blankey Brigade!

Your are gonna love it here! :clap

Barbara

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just counted twice with said blanket on my lap, and I got 23 both times too. Glad to see so much activity on here lately!

And yes, this does mean your box came today Barbara. The only question I have is, how in earth did you get them all in there?!? :eek:think

They're even prettier in person, thanks again!

As of right now, 4 blankets have reported for duty. Let's see how high we can get that total!

Thanks guys!

And what the heck happened there at the bottom of my last post!

vbmenu_register("postmenu_72408", true);

:lol :lol I swear I wasn't swearing at anyone!!!! :lol :lol

Well, I'm off to work on my star blankie!.....:hook

Any sent to me will be at Fort Knox for now. We currently do not a lot of deployed soldiers, but we do have a few with babies on the way. I have been told our new upcoming duty station will have quite a few deployed soldiers as it is a major artillery post, so I am sure there will be a need there as well.

Here are the pics that I promised.

th_bbnum1.jpg

th_bbnum1b.jpg

This is the blanket that Michelle made.

My dad is just flabbergasted by the whole thing. He's commented about how amazing it all is at least 3 times, and normally the only thing that gets mentioned that much is math, and even then not often! I'm wondering how many are WIPs? Just to blow his mind even more... :lol

I have to agree with him though, all the support we've been getting has been amazing. I know I've said it before, but THANK YOU! :yay

I've got one blanket done so far, will finish up at least one more before I mail. How do I get a mailing address? The batteries in the digital camera are dead, but when I get some will post a pic. The web page looks great!!

hugs,

Stacey

I've got one blanket done so far, will finish up at least one more before I mail. How do I get a mailing address? The batteries in the digital camera are dead, but when I get some will post a pic. The web page looks great!!

I sent you a private message with my address.

thanks for the compliments on the web page. It's still a work in progress. The kids and I are trying to get a whole lot more work done then I scheduled for since we aren't going to do school all summer long as we planned.

Ok, I finished and took pics.

I'm going to try and enter the link since the pictures are larger than the allowed size on this site. Hope the link works.

I made three blankets.

Here's just one.

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/ChunkyMonkey/images/stars 022.jpg

and here's all three.....

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/ChunkyMonkey/images/stars 024.jpg

I loved this project! It was a lot of fun to make the stars. You-all were right. 23 rows. :D

I also thought that when you get to about the sixth row; that that would make a really neat looking dish towel. ( Using cotton yarn.) And it goes so fast you could whip out a lot of dish towels in one sitting! LOL!!!! :lol

:xfin This is my first attempt to post any pics so :xfin wish me luck!!!! :)

Oh! I need to know the address to where I send these!!!!!

:woo Just wanted to let you know that I did get them sent off yesterday and they should get to you by Friday, Kimberly.

I squished all four in a small box. I can't believe they all fit! LOL!!

It will probably open up like a jack-in-the-box! :lol

Could you please let me know when you receive them? thankyou.gif

I will surely let you know when I receive them. I also received Tandy's today. I am meeting with my contact here next week (probably next Friday) and will give her the ones I have already. Woo hoo.

:woo Just wanted to let you know that I did get them sent off yesterday and they should get to you by Friday, Kimberly.

I squished all four in a small box. I can't believe they all fit! LOL!!

It will probably open up like a jack-in-the-box! :lol

Could you please let me know when you receive them? thankyou.gif

I haven't posted here in a bit but I wanted you all to know I haven't gone a-wol! A couple things came up this week, Megan (my 4mo old was sick, and I'm not feeling up to speed) and it is taking me forever to get things done. But I'm still here, truckin away! Will post when I finish and ask for an address........

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Archived