Turn of the Century Hooks

deedes

I just received one of these for my WONDERFUL SP, and I LOVE IT. Anyone else have one of his hooks, if not I would HIGHLY recommend it.

I have a couple of these. They are just great. I like the way they slide in and out of the yarn. They are a little long, I hold my hook like a pencil, but you get use to it.:hook

I have a set too. I love them. He was super friendly too. I wanted a particular box, and I wanted a set that matched the box color wise, and I couldn't tell with my monitor and all so I emailed. He we prompt, and suggested 2 different tyeps of wood. I picked one, and he had a beautiful set ready quickly. His shipping was super quick too. I will always recommend them for hooks in the future. Enjoy your new one!

:think :think Can someone show me where I can goto see what turn of the century hooks look like? I am intrigued but have no clue. Now I am not a teenager or new to crochet. I have just not heard of these until here on the ville....:think

Many thanks

peni

Peni

Here you go http://www.turn-of-the-century.com/hooks.htm

:think :think Can someone show me where I can goto see what turn of the century hooks look like? I am intrigued but have no clue. Now I am not a teenager or new to crochet. I have just not heard of these until here on the ville....:think

Many thanks

peni

:c9 Oh someday I would love to be able to get a set of those hooks in a box.... ahhhh so very beautiful..

maybe.?

bocote

cocbolo

can. Micarium

african blackwood

purpleheart

Oh it is nice to dream of a set of such lovely hooks:c9

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a round ripple using one of these hooks for the first time. The hook is so smooth and the yarn just carresses it. I almost feel guilty using a cheap yarn!

I just ordered my second set. I love them soooo much. I also ordered two Q's and two S's. I can't wait til they get here. I just want to add how friendly and helpful Bill at TotC is. Completely professional and easy to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...

No, the sliders are just decos. I had him custom make these hooks and do it with the sliders....He had lots of trouble makeing them and said he wouldn't make anymore...sorry

• 1 month later...

They are pretty but I'm afraid I would have the same problem that I have with my Brittany the carvings tend to dig into the fleshy part of my palm down by the wrist. I have short stocky wide hands. They are the reason that I can only play alto and smaller recorder I just don't have the stretch for anything else!

Archived