Variations of Ruby's Pineapple Medley

Crocus58

I fell in love with this doily, but just couldn't face finishing off 12 individual pineapples . . . :blush so I changed the last few rows - from 23 on . . .

Here are my versions:

JanetsDoily.jpg

SuesDoily.jpg

The original can be found here:

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/happyghan/rubymedley.html

The red one is a birthday gift for my SIL and the green is a birthday gift for a friend of mine. I started on Monday and finished the second one on Sunday afternoon. Whew!

Hope you like them!

gorgeous!! you must crochet these rather quickly to have 2 to share :D

I absolutely love them! They're gorgeous. :manyheart:cheer:c9

Please tell me you jotted down your changes - I love your version of this doily and would love to try my hand at it. :)

:think Jot down my changes???? :( Uh - no. I just fiddled around with the increases till I found something I liked that would lay flat . . . . :blush The red and green don't even match . . . .

I'm sorry :(

• 5 years later...

I have been working on this doily for days. Going good until I got to Row 29 and I CANNOT get it. Do you have any suggestions or do you have the written instructions for how you finished yours. I have done all the work to Row 29 and I can not stand the thought of just pullling it out and forgetting it but I have been trying to do Row 29 for 3 days and I am about to pull my hair out. If you can help me anyway I would really appreciate it.

Archived