63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

Thanks, Donna, I'm pretty sure I'll get my digital camera. I may have to buy it for myself for Christmas.:yes I got my second square done last night, so it seems like I'm moving right along.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to join this CAL if possible. I just ordered the book off Ebay and my second color (19oz) - which is Red Heart's Lt. Raspberry. I think the other colors will be a blue (maybe windor blue) or green (pale green) (22 oz) and the warm brown (33 oz) I think. I did upload the button but could not get the join link to work.

Thanks.

Hi Everyone, I just started the 63 squares book (mine isn't #555 though mine is #3916 but it seems to be the same so far)

I found this group because I was looking for a tutorial on how to do the trinity stitch. I've always wanted to make an afghan and this seems like the best way, doing it one square at a time keeps it interesting, I get bored with projects really quickly.

I'm using Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Coffee for Ecru, Claret for Rose, and Dark Sage for Green.

I really enjoyed looking at the gallery to see everyones finished afghans and It has really inspired me to finish my afghan so I can have a nice big snuggly blanket!

I finished the trinity square after frogging it at least 5 times, I don't know why but I kept ending up with an extra stitch left over at the end and then the last time I did it, I didn't have that extra stitch anymore. I must have been adding a stitch somewhere but I don't know where.

I also finished the alternate puff stitch square which I really enjoyed I love the texture.

I also set up a photobucket account with some pictures of some random things I've crocheted. Not really too much there I'm kept pretty busy with work and also the nice weather I've enjoyed through the summer. Now that the days are getting shorter I hope to be able to devote more time to crafting.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently started working on this afghan also. It took me a long time to pick out my yarn and I finally decided on three colors of RH Soft. It's nice to work with.

I am probably going to substitute some simple pattern stitches for some of the squares. I can't see myself struggling to get through this.

The trinity stitch drove me nuts too. It's not right but the square is finished and measures out correctly.

I have a Yahho Group and about 17 ladies are working on the 63 with me. We all basically just started.

• 2 months later...

I finally crocheted my last square tonight. :clap I wound up frogging #62 and I hadn't started 63 so I finished those tonight, and put all of my squares in order. Tomorrow assembly begins:yes

It feels wonderful! :yayI've only been working on it off and on for the last 5 years or so. :( This is one of those projects that I loved, but couldn't work on for extended periods of time. I've been on the last two squares for four months at least. :blush

Well......here's a preview, all labeled and put in order to join. :hook I have since put together about 90% of the squares. I was hoping to get it "together" tonight, but hubby wanted to go to bed early, and I have been using the bed as a workspace LOL

63afghanWIPJan08.jpg

I am working on a pattern that looks just like this. It is by Leisure Arts, but has a different number (not 555). Hmm...

Can I join anyway? :) I only have 10 squares left to go, but that is when I usually have trouble staying motivated to finish any project (toward the end), oddly enough. I thought joining this CAL might help!

Thanks,

Randi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

YAY! :yay After YEARS of work:crocheting........ I couldn't say how many, 5 or 6 possibly:(, I am FINALLY finished with this project. :clap I just pulled it out of the dryer! :yesI took some pics and will post when I get home from work tonight.

I feel so great!:D

Here are some pictures of the finished product, and a picture of my friend/coworker whom I gave it to.

It gave me such a wonderful feeling to gift this afghan to someone who loves it so much.:hug

63square01Mar08-1.jpg

63square02Mar08-1.jpg

62squareBevMar08.jpg

• 8 months later...

Is anyone still working on this? I just picked up the book last week and have started. I have 5 squares done, #'s 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8. I am doing it in shades of blue with a buff border/joining color.

If anyone else is still working on this, I would love to know--might help encourage me to continue. :-)

Archived