63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

OOOh I would have loved to participate in something like this. But without the book it will not be possible.Buying one here is not an option at all.Anyway I shall enjoy reading all the posts and hope to see a lot of photographs and thinking about all you ladies crocheting something beautiful.

Regards,

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so I made my third square awhile ago. It says to make them approximately 7"... this one is close to 7, but not as close as the other ones. I kind of want to do it over, but I'm afraid the next size up will make it too big. I hate, hate, loathe gauge!

Anyways, I let my mom borrow the book 'cause she claimed she wanted to learn to crochet again, & I was discouraged enough to not want to look at the thing. But I haven't given up! I''l start at it again & hopefully have a new blanket for this winter.

There is quite a bit of forgiveness when you join the squares; mine aren't perfect either, even though I went down to an F hook UGH! which makes some of the stitches harder. I think between 7" -7 1/2" should be ok. Face it, we are going to have to BLOCK these squares before assembly anyway.

how is every one else???

i`m planing to complete line 2 of my afghan today

i was so busy and didn`t finish more than one line :think

i wish everybody are fine

I'm doing the squares out of order, and I've had about 3 I either can't get or just don't like so far. I'm doing all the green squares, but in lilac, then the rose in rose and cream in cream. When I'm done, I'll do the skipped squares or else make one of the patterns from another color but in the color it should have been.

I only have 3 squares left to finish :cheer . I started out (way back when) blocking every square. Now I just want to complete it. So I used a square up ruler (for quilting) checked after a row or 2 to be sure it was close to 7" and changed the hook if necessary and started it over. I joined them using sc in vertical rows and they are looking like blocking is not really necessary if they are close (not exact) in size.

I'm finished with mine :clap . Couldn't get the whole thing in the picture :no but will try to get a better shot to post later.

th_63SquaresComplete.jpg

Patty that is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to finish mine, but since it's for 'me' it gets put on the back burner sometimes. Did you do each square? I'm having trouble with some, will try them again though, and if necessary just omit them.

Archived