63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Âltaren té Hâonâu!

welcome

the join form in the first page was 3 years ago and it`s not working any more just jump with us here and start working

did you get your book???

i`m working on mine today

i should finish this quicklly to work on the round ripple so i can have so much time for the 200crochet blocks ghan and te blue star afghan

donna

wow you are about half way done good for you :clap

Thanks, q8! Yeah, I got the book at Joanns during a big sale they were having a couple weeks ago. I'm probably going to be doing it NOT using the color scheme they have (three colors! how boring is that...I am not the pastel type), but use a whole ton of colors from yarn I was given a while back, and then join with black for a stained-glass effect. I need to go dig that yarn from behind the couch LOL.

Thanks, q8! Yeah, I got the book at Joanns during a big sale they were having a couple weeks ago. I'm probably going to be doing it NOT using the color scheme they have (three colors! how boring is that...I am not the pastel type), but use a whole ton of colors from yarn I was given a while back, and then join with black for a stained-glass effect. I need to go dig that yarn from behind the couch LOL.

Oooh....I just love that idea! Maybe I'll do that for my next one.... The only bad thing about making gifts for people is that you have to do it in colors they like....I'm getting sick to death of purple. Green and red (which are both in my 63) are high on the list too. Can't wait to do something in some other colors.

I was measuring the squares I've made last night and decided to redo some to get them a more uniform size, even if I have go down another hook size...eeek :eek I'm already using an F 4.0!

I have also decided that to replace the few squares I can't get to work or just plain old don't like I'll sneak in a square or two from the 63 MORE book I just picked up! Maybe even the 63 Cables, since they are all supposed to be 7inches square it should work. Right?:think I don't have any use for 3 afghans so I'll make my one very special and personal.

I was measuring the squares I've made last night and decided to redo some to get them a more uniform size, even if I have go down another hook size...eeek :eek I'm already using an F 4.0!

I have also decided that to replace the few squares I can't get to work or just plain old don't like I'll sneak in a square or two from the 63 MORE book I just picked up! Maybe even the 63 Cables, since they are all supposed to be 7inches square it should work. Right?:think I don't have any use for 3 afghans so I'll make my one very special and personal.

Sounds like a plan. Personally, I'm drooling over the 200 blocks book. Can't remember the author, but there's a CAL devoted to it. Can you imagine? All those blocks to choose from?!?!

Couldn't sleep last night, so did half of #60, and it's looking good. I think that's going to be the last one I do in purple from book 1; there are about 10 squares (green) that I either just don't like the look of or didn't work well) so I'll see if there are 10 in the Second book I do like.

howdy ya'll. I just had to re-buy my 63 squares book...got lost in a move..of course. lol I just started one in three shades of brown...can i still join? I am hoping to actually finish this one with helpful motivation looking at all yours and hearing about all yours. Thanks,

Shan:yarn

Oh, shades of brown sounds SO pretty. Maybe for my 63 more? I'm using springy colors of lilac, rose and cream for the first one so if I get brave and do another my favorite browns would be perfect. Then today I had a thought...if my stepson and his girlfriend do get married in a year or so...what better present for them?

I sat up all night last night (long story) and I finished 2 more squares, and started another one that is well along.

• 2 weeks later...

Shan that sounds like very nice colors. I wanted to do brown in my next one. I'm thinking of doing brown, blue and aran for the 63 cable one.

Kathy that sounds like my night tonight.

I've finished two and a half squares today. I'm going to try to finish this third one up tonight before bed. I don't think I'll be attaching them today. Maybe tomorrow. I finished numbers 43 and 18. Right now I'm working on 49. It's going pretty good so far and is looking like the picture. I'm figuring that's a good thing:lol

I have just a couple more of the rose to do, then on to the cream! I did find a few of the rose are so nice I wouldn't mind making them up for the lilac ones I didn't do. Hopefully I'll like most of the cream, or I'll pull some patterns from the 63 more squares book and see what I come up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been going in sequence and I'm up to number 32 and I'm bored to tears! I want to finish the squares and get the blankets assembled (I'm making two of each square as I'm making one for my MIL and her twin sister) My MIL's birthday is the 28th of September so I am plugging away at 'em.... :(

I completed 52, 53, and 54 over the last two days. I am determined to finish this thing.

Less than 10 squares to go!! :clap

remclave and candy great job on your squares. remclave, I'm sorry you're having a rough time with them. I couldn't do them in order because I like the variety. Which is probably why I don't know which one I'm doing half the time.

Mine is also put away for a week or two till I get these WIPs back under control.

remclave and candy great job on your squares. remclave, I'm sorry you're having a rough time with them. I couldn't do them in order because I like the variety. Which is probably why I don't know which one I'm doing half the time.

Mine is also put away for a week or two till I get these WIPs back under control.

It wouldn't be so bad except I am making two of each square. I've actually got several knitting projects in progress that keep trying to call me away from this (quickly becoming onerous) task. I do know it will be well worth the joy my MIL will have when she receives it.

Archived